Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just bought my first pair of skis

Poster: A snowHead
Mine came with the bindings not on the rail and I've not yet set them up yet. Is it worth getting someone who knows what they're doing to do this? This will probably involve a bit of a drive and paying them some small amount of money.

I'm capable of looking up things online and using a screwdriver, but all the instructions that came with the bindings say something 'don't do this unless you're an authorised Head / ski technician'.

@Russeh, enjoy the trip, let us know how you get on! Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@driz yeah that's how they come, I let brighams set mine up but it didn't look too difficult. I think when I store mine I will be taking the bindings off so will need to learn how to do it myself.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dougie wrote:
RE: The first picture. I'd have gone for the battery version rather than the plug-in ones. Less flex but can't do more mileage.

Which software version do they come with?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
All new Skis come with VIP - Virtualised Improvement Program NehNeh
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One thing with the Head Super Shape range is the top sheets seem to made of a fairly soft plastic - don't be surprised if you pickup a few nicks or scratches, especially on the front top side edges - it's normal for this range.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When transporting my skis I cover them in loads of old ski socks inside the bag and the socks protect them from scratches and actuaully hold the skis together really securley.

Ouch!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clean forgot to post some feedback on my new skis. Two words, epic trip! January was by far the best ski holiday I've had, probably for a number of reasons but the main ones were that

1. I'd lost a lot of weight (at that time 3 stone) and considerably fitter
2. The new skis were fantastic
3. I was super lucky with the weather, blue sky's after the previous week of snow

The skis were brilliant though in all conditions I skied in, event in the soft moguls which I've previously struggled with. What I really like about them is there is a lot of grip which is most noticeable when going down steeper slopes, this just gives you loads of confidence which just makes it a lot more fun. The only thing I was slightly disappointed in was when I skied over deeper stuff I didn't really feel any different to any other ski I've used. That perhaps more expectations and technique than anything though.

The other slightly negative thing was @Markpoint point about the top sheet was spot on. Its seems easy to Mark, I got a scratch on there are day one.

I've lost even more weight now, I need to get my boots refitted and I'm concerned that my Skis will be too long and stiff for me at this weight. Will see how I get on this season.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Your skis should be fine. With your new found confidence and increasing skills you will pressure them more Toofy Grin Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well done for reporting back, you'd be amazed at how many don't.

Smile snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Russeh wrote:
The only thing I was slightly disappointed in was when I skied over deeper stuff I didn't really feel any different to any other ski I've used. That perhaps more expectations and technique than anything though.

That's definitely expectations. Titans are 80mm underfoot - that's pure piste ski! If you want any noticeable you need something AT LEAST (really more) 2cm wider.

The good thing is that topsheets make no difference whatsoever. Just means your skis actually get skied rather than standing in a ski rack all year.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Layne, I didn't do it straight away because I wanted to collect my thoughts on them, then totally forgot to post back. Laughing

@clarky999, yeah and to be fair I set out to buy a piste ski, when the times right I can always buy something wider for the deeper stuff Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Titans are 80mm underfoot - that's pure piste ski! If you want any noticeable you need something AT LEAST (really more) 2cm wider.

Don't agree with that - 80mm is significantly easier off-piste than a GS ski in the 60s. Even my old stormriders are noticeably better than a pure piste ski and they are 75mm but have a decent-sized shovel (and in chopped up conditions the stiffness allows them to blast through everything better than quite a lot of wide skis). I'm not arguing that 100mm isn't different and better just that every 10mm helps.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Russeh, congratulations on your purchase. I hope they last longer than my Head iSupershape Speed skis, which made it to a grand total of 66 skiing days before one developed an irreparable fault that Head declined to offer an opinion about. I really like Head skis but it's back to renting for me now.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote="clarky999"]
Russeh wrote:
The only thing I was slightly disappointed in was when I skied over deeper stuff I didn't really feel any different to any other ski I've used. That perhaps more expectations and technique than anything though.

Your right, I have skills, but certainly only use my Titans on piste, or for nipping between pistes - I keep my R108s for off piste

Where the Titans shine above any other piste ski I've tried is crud and those crappy pistes towards the end of the day. Cracking pure piste ski Happy

Be glad you got yours when you did, I'm not liking the look of this years model Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

our right, I have skills, but certainly only use my Titans on piste, or for nipping between pistes - I keep my R108s for off piste

I have R108s too but I wouldn't let the fact I was on 75mm waist skis stop me from taking a nice off piste line if I saw one Very Happy Very Happy
Beyond FIS slalom skis I don't think anything merits the term pure piste.
After all why sacrifice any edge to edge quickness by going from say 65mm to 80mm if it's not to give a bit of float?
ski holidays
Regarding top sheets and scrapes, once , back in the 90's I bought some brand new black dynastars and hit them fitted with "ski saver" clear tape. Did the same on a pair of dynastars extremes .I suppose the modern equivalent would be helicopter tape, does nobody do this these days?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy