Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice for booking large group trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, this is the first time I've posted, although I've lurked for a while!
I am looking advice as I am planning to organise a large group holiday for Easter 2017 (I know it's very early to be thinking of these dates) Current numbers are 16 adults and 9 kids. Some of the many questions I have are....
1. Easter 17 is very late, mid April so recommendations for where to go would be good - thinking Tignes??
2. Per person prices & kid discounts are a bit confusing online, am I better looking for a total chalet cost?
3. Can I expect or try and get discount on ski hire or lift passes?
4. Would you advise booking travel independently? However we will travel from Belfast or Dublin, which tends to be a bit limited...
5. Any recommendations for companies to use?

Group will be mainly beginners also.
Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Parkersmate,

Hi - might be better posting this in the Piste ir Resort Reviews sections - this is mainly about owning places.

That said:
Quote:

1. Easter 17 is very late, mid April so recommendations for where to go would be good - thinking Tignes??

It would be top of my list with Val Thorens. Rest of 3V, AdH, La Plagne, Les Arcs, ADH would also be good options in France.

Quote:

2. Per person prices & kid discounts are a bit confusing online, am I better looking for a total chalet cost?

It would be a really big chalet. More of a chalet hotel probably. Are you looking for self catering or catered? I'd be inclined to try some agents with a group that size and I'd expect you to be able to drive some decent discounts.
Mark Warner tends to have chalet hotels but might be a bit overpriced if you don't need the child care options.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Jedster, I'll repost this in the resort section. I'll have a look at the other areas too, and we have been to VT and are heading there again at Xmas so happy to consider there again. We are looking at catered so will definitely try and get some deals. I hadn't looked at Mark Warner but will do. Thanks again.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Parkersmate, moved it for you Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hope it all works out and you have a wonderful time. I would be inclined to book the accommodation in a single booking to get a good deal (get hefty deposits upfront from anyone going) but let everyone make their own travel arrangements. Fairly last minute you could arrange shared transfers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tignes isn't the best of places for beginners.
I did a group of 15 once to plagne Bellecote. Lots of cheap apartments there and lots of easy skiing about.

Mid April is late and conditions can be tricky for beginners. Very slushy in the afternoon. VT is best for snow at resort level.
Booking.com has great deals in VTfor late April. If most are beginners then save by getting the VT lift pass not 3V.

High altitude French resorts are never cheap on the mountain. Ski with a rucksack and buy cartons of drink from the supermarket. This saves a lot if it's hot and you're drinking a lot.

Not sure about travel from Ireland. Ryanair does good deals to Alps. Best to book early.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy