Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instructor Pay

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm with @kieranm on this... I won't be claiming any ski related expenses.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marcellus wrote:
Wouldn't the OPs best option to be to operate as a sole trader?

A few years ago I was a contractor via my service company to a company that was IR35 audited. HMRC went after the sole traders and left those with service companies alone. There's certainly nothing that makes you exempt from IR35 if you have a service company but in that case, HMRC evidently considered sole traders to be the soft target.

In my industry companies generally don't want to work with sole traders and running a service company is part of the cost of being a contractor.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gaza wrote:
I've already put the cost of my BASI and First Aid courses through the business. If I do my L2 I'd also put that through. I should also be able to put other courses through as CPD.

Careful careful... AFAIK you are not allowed to claim BASI courses as an expense. CPD courses, regular first aid refreshers yes but not courses giving you a qualification or license. As an example you cant claim your university fees that allowed you to do your consultancy work... I am no accountant though Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's my understanding too @skimottaret. Basically if it's a refresher of a qualification you already hold you can claim the cost against tax, but any course that advances your set of qualifications or enables you to do something new that you couldn't do before can't be claimed against tax. I've yet to need to take any refreshers as I have always taken the next level of qualification before the lower level expires so in practice there is no claim I can make.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
better explanation Kieranm and a good point about taking a course rather than a one day refresher. If I was an L1 or L2 I would do the UKCP L1 course instead of a refresher for instance...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy