Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half-term week (13th Feb 2016) - anywhere that WON'T be heaving?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
Baqueira Beret.

Thanks.
Baquiera is number one on our shortlist if it's half-term.
Although we're possibly having a re-think on date and there's a chance that we may go at Easter after all.
If that's the case we may have to avoid Baquiera as that coincides with Spanish Easter holidays.

Any recommendations for accommodation in Baquiera? As affordable and conveniently located as possible as we won't have a car.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What's your budget for accommodation?
Choose Baqueira 1500 as there are shops and small supermarket whilst at 1700 there's nothing and if you don't have a car it is difficult to get to 1500 for shopping/supplies.
Depending on how old the kids are - the ski schools can be more like creches than actual learning establishments. Used the English a few years back and the kids ended up with a spanish bloke who spoke "leetle ingliissh" - used other schools much better.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Give the guys at http://www.chaletbaqueira.com/ a call. They have good contacts for rental accommodation and do transfers plus run the ski school.

The bus service in the valley is very good and staying 1 or 2 villages down, say Salardu, is a nicer experience once you are off the slopes. I guess it depends on the kids. The ski Miguel chalet at 1500 is another option.

We've driven down at half term and that's worked well. The year I was there at Easter had a crazy Good Friday and that was that. very few about on the Saturday or Sunday, very odd.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Civet ta. Only resort I've ever skied at half term and never queued.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Markymark29 wrote:
@BigAde9, take a look at the Bregenzerwald resorts like Damuls, family oriented and readily accessible from Zurich and Friedrichshafen or Memmingem with a hire car. Some challenging skiing there and great off piste, worth considering but you will need to speak German there....they don't speak any English (which we like!)

Ah, there is a difference if someone does not speak english or does not want to Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy