Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI working rights in France since 1989

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A potted history of working in France for anyone interested

http://www.basi.org.uk/docs/FINAL%20DRAFT%20FOR%20APPROVAL%20EU%20Working%20Rights%20Timeline%20V5%202%20June.pdf
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As an interested outsider, who has a few chums who worked for ESF Avoriaz inter alia wearing the Pull Rouge without relevant qualifications for some years in the early 80s - the real value of the history is the clear catalyst of the whole sad story with British instructors taking work from the French in 1989.

I'd also note again the in season 1988-1989 the various chalet companies in Morzine were feted by the ESf and invited to a directors and hosts dinner pre-season to encourage friendly relations. Often stopped off if without or having diverted guests temporarily for the morning 11ses pastis, poured by the then director.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent link.
Thanks for posting - interesting and infromative read.

(FWIW : it doesn't cover snowboarders - there were a few UK anomalies who gained equivalence without a eurotest circa 2005 following German "Mattias Prinz" case in euro courts)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Haggis_Trap, It sort of covers snowboarders. 33 BASI snowboard guys got ISTD's after the Satolas agreement. BASI didn't wait for the Prinz case and capitulated... There are a few inconsistencies but overall a decent stab at this by BASI. Probably done as an aid memoir for the Simon Butler case Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If they're supposed to be best buddies with the French post Satolas stitch up might be better to remove the bitchy reference about being ambushed by the perfidious froggies at the first ENSA meeting. Or maybe it's a double bluff - look how independent we are we're prepared to bitch about our buds on official paper.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
quite a few inaccuracies on this paper according to a few in the know from back in the day but about as full a record as exists...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also Dave did you note that it isn't just Simon Butler who doesn't quite have his MoU? As I have heard previously there are 16 people in the same boat... ISTD without MoU stamp
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah it's interesting as it is about the clearest explanation of the "error" yet. Would be nice to know what efforts they made to help all 16 of those ISTDs through the grandfathering. I suspect some of that will emerge in court as I presume they will try to paint a picture of SB as surlyvand uncooperative despite their best efforts.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All of the 16 ISTDs were given the "opportunity" to apply for Carte Pro's and all who did were recently rejected.. Everyone tends to focus on Simon but there were lots of other faces that didn't fit...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That is a very interesting document. The bit I find most telling is:-

Quote:
The Act sets out 2 routes to Rights of Establishment. These are:

a) Do a test i.e. The Eurotest (EMS + Speed Test)

Or

b) Provide the following evidence to support your right to establishment claim:
i) Have worked at a top level of qualification for a min of 2 years and;
ii) Evidence the relevant work undertaken and;
iii) Submit a medical certificate stating you are fit to undertake the profession and; iv) Provide evidence of a clean criminal record

In 2001, 4 countries (France, Italy, Austria and Germany) applied for a derogation to the original act based on safety. The EU granted the derogation for 4 professions (Caving, Paragliding, Diving and Skiing). The derogation was made permanent in 2004. The implication of the derogation is it allows these 4 countries to ask any applicant to do the test as specified in a) above.

So the act said OR but the cartel asked for a derogation on the gounds of SAFETY. I absolutely agree with the EMS being about safety but the Speed Test? Protectionism; pure and simple.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Gaza, Not according to the derogation granted by the EC... http://www.skimottaret.com/resources/Derogation-France-2000.pdf

crazy....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Perhaps this is the crux of the argument:-

Are the differences substantial? Does the Speed Test meet the criteria? I suspect it is these grounds that SB will continue the fight.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Gaza, It is crazy, the French just send out rejection letters to people who apply to work and simply state that qualifications presented are "substantially" different without ever qualifying what these supposed differences are.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy