Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"High" over Scandinavia- bad news??

Poster: A snowHead
Were the recent dumps to good to be true....I see on the weather websites a mean looking HIGH hovering over Scandinavia and if it doesn't move soon will it cause a snow drought?? Don't know enough about this so maybe the more knowledgeable snowheads will help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like this high sitting over Scandinavia will be pushed away by Tuesday....according to the BBC weather. Don't know if this will change the waether in the Alpine region though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the 6 day outlook doesnt look good. Clear skies with that high sitting over the Alps. Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Louis, as Diarmuid, says, its forecast to move south as well resulting in little chance of any lows coming in off the atlantic getting down to the Alps so I'd certainly say its bad news in terms of snowfall for the next four or five days at least - weather for skiing will be great though - staying bright and sunny and cold enough to keep the snow in good nick.

I've been watching the GFS forecasts avidly for my trip on 28th Jan and to be honest though they go out much further, its not worth looking past about four or five days as the situation is changing with almost every run.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

weather for skiing will be great though - staying bright and sunny and cold enough to keep the snow in good nick.
Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wish I was going away next week - the conditions look fantastic.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Paul Mason, Yes. just another week grinding away at work. Battling away in our humdrum lives. I cant wait till................... Monday Laughing Laughing snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not a sign that the HIGH wants to move -- please go away-- we want a fresh dump for some new powder !!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Louis, to be honest having had my last two trips spoilt by too much snow I am fairly happy for the weeks forecast. Decent base, cold enough to stay that way and with snow making each night things could be far worse!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
micksup wrote:
Louis, to be honest having had my last two trips spoilt by too much snow I am fairly happy for the weeks forecast. Decent base, cold enough to stay that way and with snow making each night things could be far worse!

Can a holiday be spoilt by too much snow ? Happy OK I guess if you are not mobile then it's possible, however if you are, then there is always a small/lower/tree lined/less dangerous resort near by that you can ski after a big dump.
Give me a day of sub zero temps + tons of snow falling in favour of running up and down concrete pistes that havent seen snow in weeks.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I kind of agree with micksup, my last trip to Lech was messed up with the Flexen Pass closed and we couldn't get to the hotel. Also another year we found the lifts in Saas Fee shut for more than 2 days due to bad weather. Also I recall on the Snow Patrol series on recently three episodes affected as lift were shut due to bad weather during heavy snow. While we all dream on Snowy nights and Blue Sky during the day the fact remains that this is rare.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I agree - we had a pretty spoilt holiday at La Plagne a few years ago. A week of zero visibility, dumps of snow all day, lifts closed etc etc, even rain - going out next week I'm quite happy with the current snow conditions in Austria & if it stays blue skies - all the better! snowHead Very Happy It would be alright if it were just one day of heavy snow but all week??
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The first two times I went skiing (mid 90's) in the alps we had nightly snowfall with clear blue skies...this I thought was the norm until a few years back when it didnt snow once on our holiday (or for weeks before it)...icy conditions etc and didnt enjoy. Since then I realise how lucky we were and now just hope for the big dump a few days before we arrive in resort then have clear week..
Here's hoping for the 28th Jan wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My first whole weeks skiing was at AdH - in Jan last year. We had 2 days of heavy snow then the rest of the week was clear - fantastic Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The gods threw everything they could at us on our first ever ski trip-to Flaine. I dislocated my thunb and tore the ligaments on the dry slope 2 weeks before, still didn't top me-got the plaster took off, and bought a thermoplastic splint and a larger pair of glovs. ON the holiday itself, we had rain, hail, sleet, blizzards, avalanches , thunder, lightning (my 5yr old headed for the lap of the closest French nanny each morning), followed by a final day of glorious sunshine. What siking trips are made of, total uncertainty.
snow report
Well the 6 day weather map on snowforecast.com shows a bit of snow due - perhaps there may be snow in the Alps towards the end of next week? (This was on a request for Saalbach, Austria)

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy