Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI LEVEL 1 COURSE DONE IN SKI DOME ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of doing the indoor BASI L1 course at the castleford, is it worth doing indoors ? is it fun ? and is it actully worth doing ? I'm not wanting to become a L3 etc. or go and work as an instructor, more of a personal development course of which might come in handy with grandchildren !!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @yorkshirelad, yes, it's worth doing it indoors, yes it's fun, yes it's worth doing the course for personal development. However the domes are getting busier and busier as summer comes to a close (Hemel is, anyway) and it's tricky doing some of the things on the course if you're also doing the human slalom at the same time. So do it soon, or do it next summer.

You may not want to pursue teaching, but do try to do at least some of the shadowing. It's interesting, and you might enjoy it more than you expect.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Maireadoconnor sums it up perfectly. Be careful though: you might find you enjoy it more than you realised and there is always "just one more" course.

Others to consider: SSE L1 (cheaper than BASI L1 but more focused on teaching beginners in a club environment). UKCP L1 (aimed at those who would like to coach kids, so if your goal is really grandchildren focused this might fit well once they're better skiers than you).

I've done all three (and a few more!), and enjoyed them all.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@yorkshirelad, as Maireadoconnor and kieranm said, it's definitely a worthwhile course. If you've not had much in the way of technical instruction it can really help your understanding of skiing as well as giving you a test of the accuracy of your core skiing skills, plus it's a good introduction to the way in which beginners can learn to ski and how instructors can help them with the start of their skiing career.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Note that you will need to make changes to your skiing if you want to pass the course. Some people find this easier than others. It may help you enjoy yourself more if you have a session or two with an instructor (like those helpful chaps at Inside Out, there must be something similar available at Castleford) who can set you on the right track in advance so you know what to expect.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@yorkshirelad, I wouldn't call it fun as such, you are expected to be able to do everything in the central theme and you'll have to do some studying, teaching on the course. It might feel a little stressful at times too. The days feel long, with skiing in the morning/afternoon followed by learning sessions afterwards, filling in your work book, and then in the evenings at home you probably want to read the manual and do the homework.

For personal development, it's worked well for me, and I did enjoy doing it, and now the shadowing hours.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks folks... Looks like i will go for it next summer then, the other course sound very interesting,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy