Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend anywhere in Europe that fits the following -
Ski in/ski out aparthotel with swimming pool
Good snow first week in April
Good ski school for 8/6year olds with 1 weeks experience
Access to the slopes preferably not by cable/bubble car (wife not keen)
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marlboro, welcome to snowheads, I can heartily recommend La Rosiere, it fits all your criteria, I would also suggest our chalet but we don't have a swimmimg pool, so I would suggest instead; Le Tyrol apartments with an indoor pool, Chalet Le Planica, also with a pool, Le Planica also feature in Ski Olympic's portfolio or Les cime Blanches, MGM apartments also with pool. 1st week of April is a great time, long sunny days on south facing slopes with a great snow record.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marlboro, a warm welcome to snowHeads.

I reckon that sorting your ski school should be No. 1 priority for the kids. Our fellow snowHead and former No.1 British ski racer Martin Bell did this useful article for the Observer, listing British-run ski schools:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/travel/story/0,6903,1635267,00.html
If you call the ski schools in the resorts that appeal (not all of them cater for children) they should be able to recommend local accommodation that fits the bill too, based on their expert knowledge of the resorts concerned.

For April, choose a resort with its skiing concentrated above 1800m on north-facing slopes, and make sure you reserve the ski school as demand can be heavy then.

Good luck!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Haven't stayed there but saw a Club Med complex in Meribel with pool (including open air) was on the slope, close to childrens ski area and all facilities of Meribel.

May also want to look at Ski Beat who run Catered Chalets and combine this with one of UK ski schools

At a guess you may have to compromise on the swimming pool to meet all the other criteria
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Village Montana/Tignes Le Lac. Hotel or self catered. Indoor/Outdoor pool. Ski in/out. Evolution 2 ski school just at the bottom of the hill.
Plenty of lifts to choose from without using the aeroski(BUBBLE).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks for your help
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marlboro, Mark Warner here fit all requirements. Very good child care too. You can get all the way up our mountain without going in either a gondola or cable car (although it's a lot warmer in them!) I've had several clients already this year in the new Mark Warner hotel (previously a 4*) and they've been very happy. A bit more budget would be the Crystal hotel La Brunerie, but this is not quite ski in/out, a short walk to the nearest lift or bus stop. They may also be fully booked as they're so hugely popular. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The MGM in les arcs 1800 would fit (pool, ski school nearby, ski in out suitable for all levels, and good for kids) but it is a hike to town from them if you like to spend your evenings out and about. There are plenty of fast chairs, but I'm not sure about les arcs snow that late...the higher runs keep well but maybe not that well?? One of the new arc1950 buildings has a pool and the better skiing (late) would be on that side? Might be a good choice, but very quiet in the evenings.

I have skied VT that time of year very happily, but can't think of apartments with pool Confused aj xx
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Chalet Altitude Complex in Val Thorens has a pool I believe, although I've not seen it with my own eyes. As ajhainey says, VT is snowsure late into the season, well into May usually, so the start of April's safe.

I'm not aware of which (if any) places in Tignes Val Claret have a pool but I have to mention it because the Evolution2 branch there is without doubt amongst the best ski schools in the Alps. Our kids loved it and thrived. Also the biggest, best[IMO] lift there is an underground train. I'm guessing Mme marlboro, doesn't like heights? No issue with that on the 'mountain metro' Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
IIRC, the Chalets du Soleil in VT also have their own swimming pool. The Oxalys self catering apartments also have a swimming pool but they're definitely at the luxury end of the self-catering market, with prices to match.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marlboro,

Hi we have a fab pool here in La Clusaz (with sauna and haman and flumes for the kids). It's indoor and outdoor, which is a toyally unique experience. Our chalet is situated 5 minutes walk from a 2 man chair, cable car (short journey across the valley to some drag lifts) or you can ski down to the town on a green run.

The ski schools are excellent and we know some very good instructors. We can book these in advance for you and we have ski/board and boot hire available here at the chalet.

We have space from the 25th March to 30th March or the 4th April to the 8th April for your family if you are interested.

Take a look at www.gravite.co.uk for more info or contact us direct at info@gravite.co.uk for some prices.

Cheers
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hotel Miramonti in Passo Tonale, Italy.

Village at 1900m with a glacier at 3000m.

New hotel, has pool and is slopeside
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
graviteski wrote:

Hi we have a fab pool here in La Clusaz (with sauna and haman and flumes for the kids). It's indoor and outdoor, which is a toyally unique experience. Our chalet is situated 5 minutes walk from a 2 man chair, cable car (short journey across the valley to some drag lifts) or you can ski down to the town on a green run.

La Clusaz (1100m, and rating a mere 2*/5 for snow reliability in my guide) in april?? Plus I think marlboro was looking for a place with it's own pool - not a resort with a pool! I guess you can live in hope huh...

aj xx
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes La Clusaz is only 1100m in the resort but skiing is up to 2600m at La Balme - which is also north facing. Chamonix is only 1050m at resort level!

The snow last year was fantastic after the 15th of April (three big dumps) and it has been similar for the last few years!
The lifts closed on the 30th April with loads of skiable pistes!!!

The Candide invitational is held on the 1st of April - where laods of world class freestyles show off their tricks and skills. now they wouldn't hold this year after year in April if there wasn't any snow or the snow reacord was bad would they?

Don't believe everything you read in the guide books - advice from someone who lives here year round goes a whole lot !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy