Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2015-16

Poster: A snowHead
I've tried to go with them a couple of times when I've been skiing solo but they've never had a space. Would love to ski with Felix - his vids are trop cool
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Epic conditions today off the top of Mont Gele. The forecast wasn't for a bluebird day but there wasn't a cloud until after lunch.

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Steve77, Had a great run off Mont Gele yesterday too, although it got tracked very quickly. Maybe should have gone up there first thing!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steve77 wrote:
Epic conditions today off the top of Mont Gele. The forecast wasn't for a bluebird day but there wasn't a cloud until after lunch.

Oh yes. Bet you enjoyed that 😄😄😄
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice deep pow in Bruson this morning. A good 30cm on the parked cars on the way up the valley. Sun came out at lunchtime. Raining heavily now down in the valley so should be good again tomorrow. Bruson busier than I've ever seen it today - seems the words out snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Turns out we're staying in Val d'Herens, so skied Evolene today. Fresh tracks until 4pm. Unbelievable.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How's the snow there these days? I'm considering going there next week... The snow isn't bad in Vorarlberg (where I am now) but it seems better over there. Never been to 4 Vallées btw, is Verbier itself the best village in terms of piste connections or is it better to look for accomodation somewhere else? And is everything as expensive as the skipass? Smile Thanks a lot!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow was great at the weekend although the off piste was wind blown. More is falling as we speak and snow depths well above average for the time of year so looking good. I think you can get discounts buying the pass online in advance but nothing's cheap in CH.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'll be in Chamonix next week. I've never been to Verbier and would like to ski it for a day. How have the crowds been midweek?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stunning conditions, everything open, snows holding up nicely in coldish air. They've pisted out some of the bumps on Chassoure to make the entrance a little less perilous.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Here for a long weekend ahead of Easter and very pleased with the conditions: Sunny and warm but not too warm and on-piste the surface is good - better than when we came in February, to be honest. Not an off-piste skier, so I can't comment on that. Temperature at 1500m on the balcony was low -2.6C / high +7.1C last 24h. No wind. Clear skies. It does get slushy under 1700m in the afternoon. Conditions are going to be good on piste for anyone coming over Easter provided the temps stay as they are.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Glorious conditions. And still some nice snow in the shade

http://youtube.com/v/o1RTj63jmQw

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 20-03-16 9:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And the Carlsberg jumps are great fun after a lunchtime beer wink

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2871268#2871268
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing, poor visibility.
Pistes great.
Here for a couple of weeks...who else is about?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arriving tomorrow
latest report
Coming in a weeks time looking forward to it.
ski holidays
Superb on piste conditions, a bit suggary for the bit below Mayenzets lift down to Medran.
I've never sen so many cars in Le Chable car parks but on mountain the queues were very much OK.

Gentiennes was lovely grippy stuff, and the moguls were not that big at all.
Ditto the top of Mont Fort and Chassoure
snow conditions
rungsp wrote:
and the moguls were not that big at all.

Depends on your perspective! Had to carry her over the first few at the top....

http://youtube.com/v/txx87_56KKk
snow conditions
Great conditions for Easter Saturday, although its the first time I've queued all season, the runs weren't packed.....lovely. Brilliant lunch on the terrace at Le Mouton Noir, chilled and friendly staff.
snow report
Bruson today.
Empty...so empty that for long periods it was a private mountain for the two of us.
Snowing a bit and clouds rolled in and out making the vis' a bit iffy at times.

Bruson shuts next sunday, but there is heaps of snow.
ski holidays
@rungsp, what's the snow like off piste in Bruson currently?
snow report
As you would expect..compacted with thin slushy-ish layer on top.
It's not very high, so although it is deep, it is not at all "fresh"
ski holidays
About 10cm of fresh fell overnight....lovely soft and fluffy this morning.
Once it warmed up...well you know the rest.

North facing still super though.
Today we were with some intermediate friends in Savolyeres, the North Face of Le Nord was special, especially when taking their kids down for their first off piste experience.

Proper slush at the bottom near Medran...still it is almost April
latest report
A full 4 Valleys expedition today, right to the furthest possible point, and all the way to the bottom(s) too.

Total, 100%, coverage everywhere, and it will be the end of the season before it is the end of the snow (except at the very low points).

Very warm, a lot of slush in places, but mostly just a thin slush layer that it an absolute pleasure to ski on.
ski holidays
Woke up this morning to find that a huge temperature spike has laid waste to the snow...the slopes are virtually bare and we have decided to pack up the car and come home a week early unless things improve by tomorrow.
snow report
I understand that the Swiss airforce will be delivering replacement snow, but it must arrive before noon. wink
ski holidays
Candide Thovex is the new favourite for the Verbier Extreme given his expertise skiing on grass and rocks wink
latest report
rungsp wrote:
Woke up this morning to find that a huge temperature spike has laid waste to the snow...the slopes are virtually bare and we have decided to pack up the car and come home a week early unless things improve by tomorrow.

Good to know arriving tomorrow and I get a bit bored looking at white stuff, green/brown is just so much more picturesque.
Will be Marmotte spotting.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rungsp, Verbier went from 100% coverage everywhere to 'virtually bare' within the space of one night?!
ski holidays
Still loads of snow, get out early and stay high on north facing slopes
snow report
@musehead,
A foolish idea.
snow conditions
Coverage is still great, but the avalanche risk is soaring in the afternoon in balmy temperatures.

This is leading to the links across the 4 valleys closing unexpectedly. We very nearly got trapped in Thyon yesterday had we not been tipped off by a call from a friend and been able to do some tactical manoeuvring to avoid the closed section.
snow report
Pistes were getting very soft by lunchtime but looked like they were still skiing powder on the Bec!
latest report
Conditions were lovely early over in Bruson, and also still tip top up around Attelas. You'd want to enjoy spring snow lower down!
ski holidays
Superb conditions between 10am and 2pm, just migrate with the changing snow as it warms up.

Although there is loads and loads of snow at the bottom I would advise downloading from Ruinnettes at the end of the day unless you actually enjoy hacking your way through deep wet slush.

Verbier is open for another 4 weeks, and even if it stays this warm (which it won't do) there is no chance of running out of skiing by the close of the season
ski holidays
I wasn't looking forward to going over to Verbier today....but it was bloody lovely! A bit lumpy on the run down to Siviez, but once up to Tortin and the Lacs, it was great. Ok a bit slushy at places but nothing too horrid....enjoy Very Happy
snow conditions
My weekend ski was so good, I'll be off this weekend again.....have to squeeze the end of the season as hard as possible, there's a long wait till next year...also still have a few buyclub verbier passes to chew through....
snow report
Today was...um...interesting. Very little visibility all day, variable conditions on the pistes and a bit of fresh stuff mostly around lunchtime. Surprisingly fun though!

Been snowing gently but steadily for a couple of hours. Settling on the grass outside 😀.
Tomorrow is my final day of skiing this season. Looking promising!
latest report
@alan empty, your "interesting" was our "not interesting enough"!
We sacked it off quite early...our last day tomorrow too.

Tipping down now and snow line down to about 1000m.

Two more weeks of skiing in Verbier....there will be plenty of snow, and skiing all the way down right to the end...there is loads and loads of snow.

The three days this weekend, and then three days next here is a Rock Music Festival, headliners are Texas next sunday.
It is all free....but today I felt so sorry for the openers, an AC/DC tribute band, playing in thick fog, cold and clammy fog, and snow falling.
An audience of zero! There is a fantastic sculpted snow stadium...and not a soul was watching them Sad
Mind you, I can't bear AC/DC so it could have been a lovely day and I would have passed.
snow report
@rungsp, well after heading down Tortin first thing, everything was an improvement!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy