Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats New in The Austrian Tirol 2015/16

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.easier.com/131525-whats-new-in-the-austrian-tirol-for-2015-16.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good to see the 3 upgrades in the SkiWelt. We rode on the funicular at Ellmau last year. Little did we know that it was the last year of it! Still, I guess it needed replacing.

Also, not mentioned in the above posted link, a new 6-seater at Hopfgarten. This includes a new trail. http://www.skiwelt.at/en/schernthannbahn-hopfgarten.html

Interested to see Hermann Maier has opened a hotel in St Johann in Tirol. I wonder if the doors are a little wider than the norm to cater for his massive thighs!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh, thanks gor that stanton, looks like we have smth to try this year!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fieberbrunn > Saalbach-Hinterglemm. Big, big news.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think when they describe funicular replacement at Elmau as a new "10 seater cable car" they mean what we call a gondola. No way what we call a cable car with a capacity of 10 people could carry 3200 per hour.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Piste View wrote:
Fieberbrunn > Saalbach-Hinterglemm. Big, big news.

Yes, I skied at both last winter - Saalbach-Hinterglemm with Espri, and we were discussing the new link.

The new gondola on the Feiberbrunn side was already running last year.

But although it opens up quite a large area, it also means Feiberbrunn is no longer part of the Schneewinkel area, so if you are staying at St Johann im Tirol or one of the other resorts, you will need the Kitzalps allstar pass to ski there (and ski buses may no longer run between the two)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The schneewinkel pass seems poor value at 215 euros for 6 days high season with only 2 medium sized ski area on it now.
I'll be going to St Johann this Feb. I think I'll be getting the Allstar Pass as it's not that much more.

I'm looking forward to at least a day in the Skiwelt and in Kitz as well as our usual trip to the Steinplatte.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I always did get the allstar pass when I went to the Schneewinkel (or pretty well anywhere else covered by it).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just done a trawl of the webcams. Good to see the Skiwelt are making a feature of the old funicular cabins at the top of the Hartkaiser. Looks like they have one in place and the ground work for a second.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Glad they are replacing that funicular but, must admit, rather liked it really! The whole train used to 'Oooo' in unison as the train swung across at the passing point. Looking at the lower webcam, will this be ready by season opening? Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have seen on another thread that some of you who live close to these resorts occasionally take photos. Any more would be greatly appreciated to feed my needs while waiting impatiently for February.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Following old bookmarks, I found a website that I think came off Snowheads. Anyway, an update on this forum showed a YouTube link you the new Brunn lift. Looks like the video was taken about a week ago.

http://youtube.com/v/we7ZT0SVpUw

Edit: Also some photos

https://www.facebook.com/kitzallstarnl/photos/pcb.161891544158938/161891190825640/?type=3&permPage=1
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy