Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which skis for me

Poster: A snowHead
I have rationalised I need new skis, currently on Rossi S3 178cm.
Interested in Blizzard skis maybe latigo or brahma.
I like to ski aggressively. Sometimes my park rat brat allows me to hang about with him(if I pass the dress code/goggle gap)
Most of the time on piste maybe 15% off. Looking for a fun ski but also a ski I can charge on. (Perhaps a bit mutually exclusive).
I have experienced perfect snow first thing in the morning, boiler plate, and sugar slush, but I like to ski all conditions, on account I have paid my lift pass and I will be skiing.
I am 178cms tall and 85 Kgs.
I cannot test them so I will have to make a judgement call, hopefully based on the experience of someone in the know.
I realise both are very good skis and will not be disappointed ?.
So what should I go for and what size.
Help me make a decision.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Emm ... whats your favourite colour?

I weigh in at just a kilo over 85 .. I'm getting on a bit now though. I've been using Salamon Enduro txi800 at 182cm for three seasons and they are a heavy pair of boards to carry around so every time I go on a Snowhead bash I borrow everything I can cadge from Swiss Tim who brings along all flavours of Kneissl's.
I'm finally going to buy a pair from him.
I've plumbed for a black pair of XC's
These are a very expensive set of skis made in the old fashioned traditional methods.

But Tim seems to be running a fire sale now and the price of them is just ridiculously low.

Black ones are for advanced skiiers ..
Red ones are for very advanced skiers ...
White ones are for racers ....

I tried the whites ... I could just about manage them
I loved the Reds they are just brilliant ... the SCs were like having a pair of fighter jets on your feet.
But the Black cross carver suited me best.

Bargains, grab them while you can!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could probably make any piste biased ski work for you.
Atomic Blackeye @ about , or the Latigo, or RTM81, about eye height in length...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
180cm Blizzard Brahma
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies
I think in all the circumstances/research/advise I will take spyderjon's opinion and go for a set of brahmas.(180)
I intend to go to Gielo next year so should have world class snow to use them on
Now to decide on boots
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clavboy wrote:
Thanks for the replies
I think in all the circumstances/research/advise I will take spyderjon's opinion and go for a set of brahmas.(180)
I intend to go to Gielo next year so should have world class snow to use them on
Now to decide on boots

Is there much off piste in Geilo? I've not been there, I normally go past to Hemsedal or Norefjel. Sosteren min kommer fra Tonsberg.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Now to decide on boots

brahmas seem like a sound choice.
On boots - I wouldn't spend too much time researching boots. Just go to a shop with a good range and a good bootfitter. They will offer you a couple of options that suit the shape of your feet, level, etc and you can pick the one you like best.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another vote for the Kneissls - Black Star MCs. My first owned pair after a lot of deliberating. I also like pushing skis hard on groomed slopes with a bit of occasional off-piste (nothing dramatic) and they're awesome in all the pistes conditions I've encountered.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@GlasgowCyclops, I've miss spelled Geilo haven't I. Not been either its down to my wife, her brother knows someone who owns a cabin at the resort. Not done any research yet.But read somewhere about some off piste with fjiord views. If its too scary I wont do it but the brats will.
@jedster, With you on boots I did this for my youngest brat. Intend to go that route for myself
@Cacciatore, A lot of love out there for Kneissls - Black Star MCs
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Cacciatore, They are great, aren't they? Black Star MC & XC .. just a shame about the colour.

But the fashion seems to be for the fatter type skis over 80mm around the waist.
I know a lot of people just love these tubby type of skis, but I still love the Caaarve.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@DrLawn, 80mm isn't caaarve, 66mm is.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@DrLawn, @under a new name, that's why I have Red Stars Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name Yes skinny and caaarve! Not tubby and slither.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Mairead! How's your leg doing? All fixed now?
snow report
@DrLawn, hi Tony! Very well, thanks. Pretty much back to normal now. I'm looking forward to lots of skiing this winter to make up for the last one.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy