Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

13 year old using my wifes Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

My wife wishes to change skis and she has some Wedze Ladybelle 142, she is the same height as our daughter who is 13, but obviously alot heavier 20kilos.

Can I give my wifes skis to my daughter or will they be to heavy to use? or should I just buy some kids skis for my daughter?

Thanks

TIM

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 4-09-15 14:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@glisser, I didn't think Wedze existed 13 years ago so they can't be that old?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@glisser,

How tall is your daughter and what standard is she? I don't know those skis but I'd doubt they are very stiff / demanding. If your daughter has decent technique I suspect she'd handle them up to about head height.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes sorry she is 150cm she is a good skier red/ black runs on parallel turns.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think they are pretty light and soft flex so should be fine for a lighter skier. If Daughter is adult height then she needs adult size skis, binding settings are not affected by age between, I think, 10 and 50 yrs so adult bindings are not an issue.

Do go through the binding adjustments correctly though (or better still get a tech to do it).

Kids skis would be a complete waste at 13, she will only grow!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the reply guys

Ok hesitating on the ski boots for time being, so possibly will just hire the boots for the time being.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Yes sorry she is 150cm she is a good skier red/ black runs on parallel turns.

yep - she will be fine. In fact she will probably grow out of them pretty soon!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@glisser, re boots, in his ? 14th year my brother in law outgrew three pairs of boots. His parents were unimpressed...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

in his ? 14th year my brother in law outgrew three pairs of boots

fortunately my wife, son and daughter all have the same shaped feet so we are going to passing lange boots down the chain Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
@glisser, re boots, in his ? 14th year my brother in law outgrew three pairs of boots. His parents were unimpressed...

Yes she is nearly the same size feet as my wife lol
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@jedster, i recommend Whitfield's ointment then, much cheaper than OTC antifungals... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:

I feel this pain. Jnr has only outgrown one pair of boots this year (was 13 now 14). He's gone from a size 28.5 and just got size 30s today (13 in shoes/14 in trainers or football boots). It's no longer easy or cheap to buy any footwear for him - not that 14 year olds are keen on cheap footwear anyway.

He had to have his skis drilled so they could adjust the binding enough for his new boots.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My daughter used women's skis about that length from that age. She was very light but a strong skier and had no problems.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@hammerite, next time buy skis with pre-drilled plates?

@glisser, now that I understand your question, IMhO, She'll probably be fine. Maybe a tad long now, probably not next year.

P.S. your skis don't know your height just your weight...even though the usual heuristics are height based. Which just shows how rubbish they are.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@under a new name, they were pre drilled, however, they are 155cm SL skis and were just positioned so that the binding wouldn't fit size a size 30 boot (fine with a 28.5, but not quite for his new ones). The shop had to move the plate and this is why the shop had to drill them (and check with Head before they did it to make sure it was ok with his skis).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy