Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

climate change - or just change?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
MadMountainMan wrote:
As you say - pointless.

also this.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pynch wrote:
Didn't realise this was going on still as a thread. News from two days ago pretty much sorts the whole thing.

Debate is finished, facts have been fully established. Recent NASA report states bluntly and clearly:

Quote:
"Earth’s 2015 surface temperatures were the warmest since modern record keeping began in 1880, according to independent analyses by NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Done. Its just fact

Do you think that is a measure of weather or climate ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

You'd think that NASA's Goddard Institute for SPACE Studies would use satellites for measuring the planet's temps, but no they use a bunch a thermometers on the ground so thinly spread out they have to make up readings for areas that aren't covered and then adjust the readings.

well the wonderful thing about thermometers on the ground is the fact that they are so cheap, and always there 24/7/365.
and satellites doing much of the climate monitoring are in low earth orbit, typically polar orbits, so get to measure the poles 15 times per day each, but at the equator is typically about 3 days to get full coverage of 2 measurements (one going north, one going south, so one day, one night).
Now I can't speak for Goddard specifically, but NASA, NOAA, etc. most certainly do use space ships. But when they do, the don't limit data to space data just because they "do space". But I bet* they are using satellites to monitor the sea temperatures, since that's where a lot of the thermal energy is stored and released.

*know.

Nice bit of dummy throwing back there. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Nice bit of dummy throwing back there.

I know, nobody bit though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The article is more about the fact no news outlets reporting on this as opposed to the actual article but you'll get the idea.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/02/the-global-warming-hiatus-is-real-so-why-dont-we-hear-about-it/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@micasmith,
Indeed. If you can get the big boys such as China, India, the USA to set an example then maybe everyone else will willingly follow suit. . . . .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy