Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freeride Ski Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Just picked myself up a set of faction candide 3.0 and need some help with selecting a binding. I'm just getting started with freestyle but at a loss as of what to get. Due to a recent ankle break I'm trying to stay away from the park for freestyle, hence going off piste and more back country. My last pair of skis are K2 shred 102 with marker griffon binding which free great but don't quite have what I need in the powder.

I was considering the candide 4.0 but didn't want to go full backcountry and I do around 20% on piste, good decision or should I change before I get the bindings nailed on?

Any help would be great, thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Griffons are perfectly fine for powder buy did you think about touring bindings. Once you venture off piste you'll get them sooner or later.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a set of soul 7's which I'm looking to get setup for touring as I think they better sidecut and length for deeper backcountry stuff I'm planning later in the seasons.

I see the faction's as a good option to practice freestyle in relatively safe and close to piste power until I get my confidence up. So Griffons on these would be a good option too? I have them on the K2's but wasn't sure.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy