Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2015 - 2016

Poster: A snowHead
We're out on Saturday for a week in Arc1600 too - staying in Roc belle Face like last year.

We're coming on the sleeper train for the first (and it seems, last) time. But, annoyingly, I've overlooked one thing - I was planning to buy the tickets once there, but of course I now realize we can't get up the funicular without them.

Is it possible to buy the weeks tickets at the bottom in Bourg, or will I have to stump up for seperate funicular tickets ?

Also - is it better to aim for breakfast in the town (any recommendations given we'll be towing a stack of luggage), or up top?

I can't wait for that first run down Mont Blanc either!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Pejoli, Yes there is a lift pass office in Bourg, it is next to the funi. Funi runs every 20 mins up to 1600.

My recommendation would be to pop into Charly's Factory which is next to the funi as well. Good coffee, and normally something breakfasty on offer. Christophe who runs it is a top bloke, tell him Tim says hello.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Pejoli, I assume you are planning to ski on Saturday therefore it is no problem to buy your lift passes at the bottom. As @timlongs, says I would get breakfast in Bourg before heading up the mountain.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Pejoli, you can also get tickets online. I refreshed old tickets, but they will also post new ones. Also got a bonus half day extra for free doing it that way.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also, If you want to ski on a Saturday, there is a Saturday special offer called SAMEDIJESKIE with tickets at 25€ each, but that is only available online, and only available from the Wednesday before.

So we bought a 6 day family pass from Sunday to Friday, got the first Saturday afternoon free, then bought the final Saturday on the promotion. Saves a bit.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sometimes webcams can produce beautiful images...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone, looks like I'll get breakfast and tickets when I get there.

@ringingmaster,
Thanks for the samedijeski tip-off. Just checked and they want €30 per person for this Saturday, €25 for the following - doesn't seem to be a restriction on buying only 3 days in advance, just that you top up an existing card. I can only find three cards from last year, and have left it to late to get anything posted, so I'm going on the basis I'll buy a set of seven-day family passes (at €32 a day) once there, and then a Saturday top up for the final day. Wonder if they'll let me do that all as one transaction at the desk, or do it seperately on-line afterwards.

Btw - don't see the extra half-day for buying online listed anywhere - was that an unexpected freebie?

Just getting the packing sorted - can't wait!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@thefatcontroller, That is a great shot. Happy Skiing in the cloud was less fun, but it cleared about 11, and sun about 13:00.

BTW. My son and I slid down that chute at the bottom left of the picture yesterday on our backsides. It is a lot steeper than it looks.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Pejoli, Yes, unexpected, but the offer is still available. See here: http://www.lesarcs-peiseyvallandry.ski/en/offre-exclusive-demi-jour-offert
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Loving the photos and updates. Leave tomorrow, arrive Saturday, can't wait Cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A bit warmer today - We were going onto the the glaicer in Le Plagne, but the queues looked too long, so we bailed into the Champagny sector instead and had a great afternoon. The Champagny sector a bit slushy at the bottom; more so than we have seen anywhere else but it is the first time this week we have been in that area so I don't know if that has changed. We actually took the red down to Champagny village, and that was a slush fest - wont make that mistake again!! The runs above Plagne Bellecote were in fantastic shape. All about direction it faces I guess.

Some pics:

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Foggy, poor vis and snowing today from lunch time onwards. Freeze line around 1400 M and around 5cm fresh above 1600. Heading home tomorrow evening - might be able to post later on from the overnight hotel in Dijon.
Some photos of the funky tunnel skiing:

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
27 March. Easter Sunday! Hope you all had plenty of Easter eggs today!

I remembered to put the clock forward today so up early (thanks for the reminder K. ) and we met in the mist and with light snow falling at the top of the Arpette Chair.

A quick discussion then over to the Vanoise Express via the Derby chair. After a tour across to Champagny it was time for lunch.

After lunch we went back towards Les Arcs via the forests above Les Coches.

Finally the 'Big Drop' in flat light and a fast ski across to the new Carreley Chair above Arc 1800.

Then home via the 'Waterslide' by the Altiport above Arc 1600. Yes, it is open again, even on a wet, snowy and cold day like today!

Take a look at the photos from today in the new 'March April Easter 2016' photo album.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.999797070096759.1073741862.195692797173861&type=3

The pistes everywhere today had a very thin layer of fresh snow covering some hard packed firm areas during the morning. Take care arriving at lifts and in busy areas. In the afternoon it had become soft in some places which gave us good spring snow 'on and off piste'.

More to follow tomorrow. Enjoy!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
28 March 2016. Poor light, but who cares when you have spring snow and even some untracked powder to enjoy.

It snowed yesterday and again last night which meant there was a nice layer of fresh snow off piste. Even the pistes first thing were fun to ski.

After a warm up on some cruddy snow down to the Marmotte Chair (always good to wake us up) we headed up the Aiguille Rouge then down the glacier and the Robert Blank Couloir.

Then down the off piste to Villaroger for lunch. Another route down Droset and finally Malgovert forest and back to Arc 1950 for a few beers.

A fun day with some steep areas, untracked powder and fresh spring snow made it a very varied day. The pistes are quite firm with some icy warn patches, but also softer snow in many places. If you time it correctly the pistes and off piste areas are very enjoyable. Typical spring conditions.

The rest of the photos from today will be posted later on my Les Arcs Winter page. Well worth taking a look at the current conditions which are improving again. More to follow tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A week on Sunday til I take the family out to Les Arcs, staying in 2000. Any latest view on how conditions are holding up ? Webcams seem to indicate it's holding up ok, certainly better than i have seen in previous years at this time - but it seems the warm wind could make conditions deteriorate quickly.

Second question, as a keen cyclist, would like to catch Paris-Roubaix which is on Sunday. We arrive in resort around lunch time, so I'm thinking there may be a local bar we can drop into to catch the end.

Cheers all!
ski holidays
1 April 2016. Well the weather played a joke on us today. Was hoping for soft snow early, but ended up with boiler plate on and off piste at the start of the day.

The clouds did not really move away until late in the day and as a result finding some of the ups and downs proved interesting.

Most pistes are open and you can get to almost everywhere including all stations in Les Arcs and across in La Plagne. The mornings are boiler plate in most places, but softened up nicely by later in the day. Rather later than we would have liked today, but still we had a fun ski.

The waterslide in Les Arcs is providing plenty of free entertainment. The snow park is fun and on both sides of the Vanoise Express you can find plenty of places to ski.

Anyone heading out for the holidays will have a great time. The roads are clear of snow right now all the way into the stations.

Not put off by the hard packed snow we headed up the Varet Gondola to find so many people waiting to go up the Aiguille Rouge we abandoned this idea and had a few fast runs on the piste before finally being able to head into the National Park.

Found some nice spring snow most of the way down with a few avalanches to cross as the snow had softened up nicely. Were even able to reach the park exit sign without hiking. Then it was time to walk, skate and slide on the piste back to the chair and head for a well earned lunch!

Well done everyone for a big effort today! As for the hike! I know you all enjoyed it really!! More tomorrow, but not the hiking I hope!.

@Richie_S, you might try the bowling in Arc 2000 for the race. They normally have stuff like that on.
latest report
2 April 2016. What a difference a day makes.

Yesterday we had boiler plate first thing in the morning. Today it was already soft by 9am lower down.

Headed straight for the Vanoise Express and over to La Plagne as it is changeover day and normally not too busy.

Did not find any queues today, but the wind was blowing and the Bellecote stayed closed. Time for some other routes.

With flat light we made some gullly and tree runs as we went across La Plagne. Then up top to find some steeper slopes.

Found one good route and walked away from another. Always good to know when to walk away, soft and slushy even at over 2500m.

Then as the higher lifts started to close we headed back to Les Arcs. Even the Vanoise Express was swinging a little in the wind on the way across.

A nice lunch then time for the waterslide before heading for home.

A good end to a great week. Well done everyone on some excellent skiing this week. See those that left tonight next season.

Hope you have a good trip home.
snow report
Excellent week last week, anyone there this week or next I'd recommend skiing as early as possible and skip lunch! Pistes were empty from 12 to 2 and later on were slushy lower down.
snow report
3 April 2016. Yesterday we had a fast ski across Les Arcs in the morning and with no queues managed to get straight up the Aiguille Rouge.

After finding some nice snow high on the glacier we headed into the park and one last ride down to Villaroger for lunch. Some very mixed conditions, but good spring snow high on the mountain and spring slush lower down. Lucky to catch the snow just right so not much crust to catch us out. Found a few avalanche fields again. One new, perhaps from the evening before.

After a nice lunch, headed back up but with very soft snow headed for the waterslide and then home as IMO to soft to risk anything off piste.

The pistes are firm and fun to turn on in the morning, but in the afternoon they are soft and slushy in many places, even high up so take care of those knee's.

The good thing is you can still ski to all stations and it should be OK just for a few more days.

Real spring conditions everywhere right now, but they say it will get colder again shortly and more snow could be on it's way.

More to follow in a few days. I shall now try and catch up on last weeks holiday photos. Sorry for the wait. Just not enough hours in a day.
ski holidays
April 7 2016. Cold in the morning and warm in the afternoon with blue sky and a few passing clouds. Snow is forecast for the next couple of days with colder temps. Hope so.

I have now posted the photos of the last few days of March. Take a look in the Easter Album on my Les Arcs Winter facebook page. Also the photos of our days out in Val Thorens and Val d'Isere are now posted. Well worth using your free tickets to go to each of these ski areas if you have a car with you. Harder to arrange, but still possible with public transport. Just the first few days of April to go. Soon be up-to-date!
Enjoy.

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums
latest report
Today, 8 April 2016. Back in Les Arcs and low clouds all day making the vis very poor at times. Even a little light snow. BUT yes, we did find the blue sky for a short while.

Time to join us for our tour of all the LES ARCS ski areas.

After meeting up we headed down to Arc 1800 from Arc 1600 to drop those for Ski School or doing the race today. Some of us then headed over to the Peisey Vallandry Forest. Then back to Arc 1800 to collect the kids at noon. Time to split the group.

Three of us headed for the Arpette ridge and I spotted one lost soul with the pisteurs. After sorting out this little mishap we carried on towards the Arc 2000 bowl. Heard it was blue sky at the top of the Aiguille rouge so continued up top with no queues.

After a little play in the off piste up top we headed for Villaroger.

Past the sight of yesterdays big avalanche (we skied that area last week, scary!) and all the way down.

Another mishap on the bottom chair left one person with a sore leg so a very easy ski down the blue piste to Pre st Esprit for lunch.

Two of us then headed for Malgovert forest and some challenging snow. Finally down the Mont Blanc piste to complete the tour back to Arc 1600 and home.

The snow today was very mixed, mostly frozen crud lower down, but slightly better high on the glacier.

The vis was poor almost everywhere making route finding quite challenging and the pistes were well warn and very hard packed in many places.

It is snowing lightly right now so I hope we have better snow quality tomorrow for our tour of La Plagne. There is still plenty of snow around, but it needs to be freshened up.

The photos from the last weeks are now up-to-date. Today's photos are now posted in the 'March April Easter 2016' Album. Take a look at the conditions right now. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.999797070096759.1073741862.195692797173861&type=3
snow report
9 April 2016. Poor vis again in the morning today with low clouds and light snow so we headed through the forest tracks to the Vanoise Express and over to La Plagne to ski the gullies and find the Camel.

We did not find the Camel, but did find some fun gullies to ski.

After two routes on the way to the top of the Verdon Sud chair we finally found the sun. At least for a short while.

Then down the Indian Gully and over to see the goblins and witch on the way to Montalbert for lunch. After a nice lunch time to head for home.

A quick play on the Half pipe in Bellecote La Plagne then down through the forest and back into Les Arcs.

One last forest track then up to the Snowpark in poor vis then time for a beer after a quick visit to the tree house!

Found a little fresh snow in the trees and gullies today, but also a lot of hard pack as it did not really snow enough to make much difference.

The vis came and went all day, but never really cleared lower down. The conditions were challenging again today, but a fun time was had by all. Excellent skiing from the young ones in the gullies! Is he really only 7 years old!

Hope you all have a safe trip home and see you next winter!

Photos from today are already posted on the Les Arcs Winter page in the Easter Album. Scroll towards the end of the Album to see your photos. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.999797070096759.1073741862.195692797173861&type=
snow conditions
10 April 2016. A day on the Bellecote North Face with Blue sky and not a cloud in sight. Take a look at the photos already posted in the new April 2016 Album on my Les Arcs Winter page if you are interested in our routes.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1011087338967732.1073741865.195692797173861&type=3

A day that started well with nice snow in the Bellecote bowl and mixed conditions down our route on the North Face.

But finished very sadly when we saw a rescue and heard that a French man had fallen on the cliffs below us and had not made it. Please go to the following link if you want further info instead of asking me for more details about the accident. Thanks.

http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2016/04/10/un-skieur-hors-piste-est-decede
snow conditions
Out in Les Arcs 2000 this week. 4-6" or so of fresh snow overnight...

I'm surprised how well the pistes are holding up in the warmer weather. Got down to Vallandry yesterday, and the Aigle still had plenty of snow on it right down to the Grizzly.
snow report
15 April 2016. Good to be back in Les Arcs after some enjoyable skiing in other areas over the last week.

Today the clouds rolled in and out with a little light snow higher on the mountain and a few minutes of rain lower down.

The snow on the pistes at the start of the day was quite fun to ski with a firm base and an easy top surface to make fast turns. Even lower down early in the morning the pistes were OK. By midday the conditions had started to change to heavy slush lower down and sticky snow at the sides of the pistes.

After a nice final lunch and time to say goodbye to those leaving for home shortly, we headed back up from Vallandry and home.

Some areas off piste was still OK in the trees, but the fresh powder of the last few days had also started to turn heavy.

You can still ski everywhere around Les Arcs, even down to the bottom of the Violettes chair above Villaroger although this area may close shortly.

The Vanoise Express is to remain open next week (conditions permitting) which is also good news.

There is plenty of snow on all main pistes and the last week of the season should be good with typical spring conditions. I just hope the predicted high winds pass quickly.

Sorry no photos today, will try and get some tomorrow.
snow conditions
16 April 2016. Today the weather forecast got it wrong. At least the one I looked at.

Went up just after the lifts opened and we headed up to the Arpette Ridge. Then down towards the Varet, but it was still closed and so was the Aiguille Rouge.

Time for a different plan. Headed to Peisey down some very nice pistes and over to Les Coches. The Bellecote was closed on the signs, but when we reached the top of the lifts it was open.

Once on the glacier we had a play in the fresh snow before heading into the bowl. Not such good snow from half way down and very cruddy near the bottom.

Back up top and all the way to Champagny for lunch.

After lunch back to Les Arcs via the Roches du Mio and the new waterslide (quite short, but tricky. Made it!) above Les Coches.

Finally home via the snowpark with many good jumps all the way down.

Today turned out to be much better than we had expected. Even some blue sky at times and no rain.

A few photos from today in the April Album on the Les Arcs Winter page.
snow conditions
Anyone hear about all (was it all, or just a few?) Arc 2000 lifts and runs closed due to lightning risk on Wednesday 13 April 2016.
snow conditions
@AndrewsPeppers, it is indeed true. I was boarding down from the Grizzly in Peisey, aiming to head back to our chalet in 2000 at about 3.30/3.45... When we arrived at the Derby for an uplift, they had shut the lift. Liftie said 'the big boss' had told them to shut all lifts due to the storm. At that moment a large flash of lightening and subsequent thunder struck. We headed down to 1800 in hail (a bit odd, tbh) and took a navette to 1600 and then on to 2000 to get 'home'.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@AndrewsPeppers, Same thing happened in La Plagne around 4pm ish. we turned up at the Blanchets lift in Bellecote with the barriers across the entrance, only the gondola up to Belle Plagne was running. Most people were being bussed from there but they opened up the lift around 4:30pm (when the thunder storm had passed) for 4 of us to make our way back to Champagny.
snow conditions
18 April 2016. What a difference in two days. Real powder again today!

Yesterday it was raining lower down and snowing higher on the mountains, but also a little warm with poor vis almost everywhere. But still we managed to find some nice snow and had a great lunch in Montalbert.

Today the clouds cleared in the morning, the blue sky broke through for a while and there was untracked powder everywhere.

Time to head for the Bellecote and one last trip down the North Face.

Despite the signs saying it was still closed we took a gamble and headed for the Roche du Mio via the Arc 2000 bowl and a few little off piste routes on the way over to the La Plagne side.

Then a fast ski over a few more untracked meadows down to Belle Plagne and up onto the Roche du Mio. Luck was with us and the Glacier had open.

With the temp rising we headed straight up onto the North Face after a little hike and FRESH TRACKS all the way to the forest path with powder at the start, then softer snow and spring snow towards the bottom. What a great day with the end of the season only a few more days away.

The pistes on the way to the glacier were nice to ski with about 5cm of fresh snow on a firm base in both Les Arcs and La Plagne. Higher on the mountain there was about 10cm or even 15cm of fresh snow.

By the time we reached midway down the North Face the clouds had returned and we had to take great care whilst skiing in a white out to avoid any nasty drops before getting below the clouds once more.

The forest path was very mixed and skiing back to Arc 1600 was not much fun as the clouds remained solid and the vis was poor as the snow on the pistes started to get heavier due to the higher temps. Sadly the Waterslide was shut again today in Arc 1600, but the little waterslide in Les Coches was fun yesterday.

Another great day and tomorrow we are off to Espace Killy again.

The photos from the last two days will be posted in the April 2016 Album on the Les Arcs winter page shortly. Enjoy!

snow report
20 April 2016. Spent yesterday and today in different ski areas finding plenty of fresh untracked powder!

First, Tuesday we were in Val D'Isere and Tignes. Managed seven classic routes in one day. Powder on almost all the routes all day!
Excellent fun. For more details about the routes see the Val d'Isere and Tignes 2016 Album.

Today, Wednesday we went to the Three Valley's and managed five longer classic routes. There was even untracked powder still to be found. For more details of these routes see the 2016 Three Valleys Album.

Tomorrow we will be back in Les Arcs and La Plagne. New update tomorrow evening. Hope you enjoy the photo of the last few days.

latest report
21 April 2016. Spring snow up high and the weather turned out to be OK today so managed two big routes.

Started in Les arcs and skied across the pistes to the Vanoise Express. The pistes going down to Peisey were very good.

Then from Les Coches to the Bellecote Glacier and down the Frilon route all the way to the Bauche Chair. Good spring snow the whole way with even a few areas of nice untracked fresh sow and still no need to walk. Excellent result!

Then all the way back up the Bellecote again and this time down the North Face. Not as good as a few days ago, but still OK IMO although not everyone agreed as the long walk out was not much fun.

After a well earned beer time to head back to the waterslide in Les Arcs. Very sad, it looks like it is leaking again as the water was very low and it was closed. Oh well! Hope to do it again tomorrow if they can fix the problem!

Finally a ski down very soft snow to Arc 1600 and home at around 16.30.

Photos from today will follow shortly. Take a look and see what the conditions are really like right now. Enjoy!
ski holidays
Last day of the season here in Les Arcs and it is pooring with rain. Might go up for a quick ski if I can face getting wet, but after the great day on Thursday in the sun, not sure if I want to go out today. The good news is even with the poor weather most areas are still open and ok for skiing. However the highest lifts in Arc 2000 bowl and villaroger are closed.
ski holidays
Last day was fantastic considering how things were looking... Visibility sucked in most areas however with the resort being like a ghost town I skied first tracks on a few pistes and fresh tracks on most other places! Between 5-15cm of heavier powder on piste and even deeper on some side piste routes!
Varied piste conditions across the resort with numerous sticky spots, felt like my shins were going to break a few times.

Down to Charly's to end the season the way it started! Much Duvel and wine....

Anyone who has skins, I reckon it should be pretty epic up there tomorrow!
snow report
26 April 2016. The end of the season has arrived, well almost!

Just when we thought the spring had arrived and the season was over, the snow has come back. And plenty of it!

The lifts in Les Arcs and across the Paradiski are now closed, but that does not end the season for me, well not quite yet!

To old friends and new it has been good riding with you this season in Les Arcs, La Plagne and elsewhere, We have had some memorable moments! Thanks for the company and the laughs!

It was also great to go riding with the 'young people' that are all grown up! well sometimes! Good luck to all of you in whatever you do in the future and hope to go riding with you next time you return to Les Arcs. I think I will still be able to keep up!

Also, well done to the youngsters that will be joining the race club next winter. Good luck! and you are welcome to still come riding with us when you are not racing.

For me, I am now in Chamonix where some lifts are still open. There is plenty of snow and up in the high mountains the routes we can do are still giving us fresh untracked powder!!

For those interested I shall make one final Album for this season over on the Les Arcs Winter page of my days in the Chamonix area. Here are a few of what we have done so far. I will add more at the end of my trip as I do not always have a good signal high in the mountains.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1021122661297533.1073741866.195692797173861&type=3

Enjoy! Until next season take care.

If anyone is out in Les Arcs in the summer drop me a PM and if I am around it would be fun to meet up for some other activities.

Cheers all. Snowcrazy Chris
snow report
Any new lifts/developments taking place over the summer?
snow report
@thefatcontroller, slightly dodgy Google Translation of a newsletter I received via my co-pro:
Quote:
The ADS projects:
Summer 2016:
- Improving the outskirts of the Lodge and opening of the new club house of the golf Arcs which must be the locomotive to gain market share in our summer use;
- Free access to the gondola Villards for golf and the Lodge restaurant and pedestrians;
- Further development of ATV activity with a new track on Mille8;
- Improvement of major trails such as the path of the large balcony of Villaroger and the trail of Our Lady of Peisey Vallandry on Vernettes.
Christmas 2017:
- Investment program for revitalizing the bottom of the valley of the Arc with the replacement of chairlift Pré-Saint-Esprit by a tractor;
- Remodeling and expansion of some tracks;
- Establishment of a snowmaking program Villaroger.
2018-2020 program:
- Network expansion snowmaking;
- Modernization of the arc 1800 Transarc;
- Change the funicular trains;
- Change of chairlifts Comborcière and Vallandry.
All achievements and future ADS projects must help to re-level the station, the town occupying public spaces, some of which are not up to the Arcs.
That's why the mayor, Michel Giraudy confirms its willingness to invest on the station to halt the loss of "hot" beds, that is to say leased.
New beds should generate additional revenue, so the municipality, private ads and will invest 450M to 500M euros by 2020.

The projects of the municipality:
Arc 2000:
- Winter opening 2016 MAH TAJ-I, the first 5 * hotel, the group Schonauer;
- Project a 60m rink 40m for 2016 with ice guarantee (€ 150k investment)
- Encouragement from merchants for the renovation of shop windows, signs, traffic in malls with no contest the Arcs and an architectural firm;
- Construction of a building on Arc 2000 for seasonal.
Arc 1950:
-Completion of zac with the creation of 500 tourist beds.
Arc 1800:
- Participation alongside condominium involved renovating the parking Charvet and redevelopment of the lowest place;
- Villards on construction of a new bus station, delivery tunnel, Luggage Storage, Home ...
- Sale of the former town hall annex to a private developer to create apartments in second home (not tourist beds);
- Creation for spring 2017, instead of turning Charvet, a space with bus station waiting room, family shower, luggage ...
Arc 1600:
- 2018 opening of a Club Méditerranée 30 000 m² dedicated to the family;
- 15 chalets of high standing between the UCPA and former Beguin hotel;
- Private project of transforming Beguin hotel residence.
Bourg-St-Maurice:
- Start of the Alpine area work;
- Extension of the hospital (€ 10 million) almost completed;
- Sale of the Renewal Centre for the creation of a youth hostel and apartments in residence;
- Redevelopment of the former hospice library, music school and toy library;
- Finishing the renovation of the connecting bridge between the station and the cable car.
snow conditions
@rob@rar,

Quote:
Investment program for revitalizing the bottom of the valley of the Arc with the replacement of chairlift Pré-Saint-Esprit by a tractor

made my day Very Happy Very Happy and the difference would be?
ski holidays
@rob@rar, Could you post the original in French please. Like @thefatcontroller, I am fascinated by what google translate thinks a tractor is.

There are a number of things on that list that are completely new to me such as a 3ha - 6 football pitches - club med in Arc 1600. That is big, very big.
ski holidays
@johnE, here it is:
Quote:
Les projets d’ADS :
Eté 2016 :
- amélioration des abords du Lodge et inauguration du nouveau club house du golf des Arcs qui doit être la locomotive pour gagner des parts de marché sur notre fréquentation estivale;
- accès gratuit à la télécabine des Villards pour le golf et le restaurant du Lodge ainsi que les piétons;
- poursuite du développement de l’activité VTT avec une nouvelle piste sur Mille8;
- amélioration de sentiers majeurs comme le sentier du grand balcon de Villaroger et le sentier de Notre Dame des Vernettes sur Peisey- Vallandry.
Noël 2017 :
- programme d’investissements destinés à une redynamisation du bas de la vallée de l’Arc avec le remplacement du télésiège du Pré-St-Esprit par un gros porteur;
- le remodelage et l’élargissement de certaines pistes;
- mise en place d’un programme de neige de culture sur Villaroger.
Programme 2018-2020 :
- extension du réseau neige de culture;
- modernisation du Transarc d’arc 1800;
- changement des rames du funiculaire;
- changement des télésièges de Comborcière et de Vallandry.
Toutes les réalisations et les projets futurs d’ADS doivent concourir à remettre à niveau la station, la commune s’occupant des espaces publics dont certains ne sont pas à la hauteur des Arcs.
C’est pourquoi le maire, Michel Giraudy, confirme sa volonté d’investir sur la station pour enrayer la perte de lits « chauds », c'est-à-dire loués.
De nouveaux lits doivent générer des recettes supplémentaires, c’est pourquoi la commune, ADS et des privés vont investir 450M à 500M d’euros d’ici 2020.

Les projets de la mairie :
Arc 2000 :
- ouverture hiver 2016 du TAJ-I MAH, premier hôtel 5*, par le groupe Schonauer;
- projet d’une patinoire de 60m sur 40m pour 2016 avec glace garantie (investissement 150k€)
- encouragements auprès des commerçants pour la rénovation des vitrines, des enseignes, des circulations dans les galeries commerciales avec le concours de Référence les Arcs et d’un cabinet d’architecture;
- construction d’un immeuble sur Arc 2000 pour les saisonniers.
Arc 1950 :
-achèvement de la zac avec la création de 500 lits touristiques.
Arc 1800 :
- participation aux cotés des copropriétés concernées à la rénovation du parking des Villards et réaménagement de la place basse;
- sur les Villards aménagement d’une nouvelle gare routière, tunnel de livraison, bagagerie, accueil...
- vente de l’ancienne mairie annexe à un promoteur privé pour la création d’appartements en résidence secondaire (lits non touristiques);
- création pour le printemps 2017, place de retournement du Charvet, d’un espace avec gare routière, salle attente, douche familiale, bagagerie…
Arc 1600 :
- ouverture en 2018 d’un Club Méditerranée sur 30 000 m², dédié à la famille;
- 15 chalets de haut standing entre l’UCPA et l’ancien hôtel Béguin;
- projet privé de transformation de l’hôtel Béguin en résidence.
Bourg-St-Maurice :
- début des travaux du quartier alpin;
- extension du centre hospitalier (10 M d’euros) presque achevée;
- vente du centre Renouveau en vue de la création d’une auberge de jeunesse et d’appartements en résidence principale;
- réaménagement de l’ancien hospice en médiathèque, école de musique et ludothèque;
- finition de la rénovation de la passerelle de liaison entre la gare et le funiculaire.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy