Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Mont Blanc Season passes early bird discounts on sale now

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@HammondR, when are you out in Cham this winter? My current plans are 27th Dec - 10th Jan (no season for me this time round Sad) Count me in for a ski too if you're about!

Totally agree about Verbier - I wouldn't do it either this season. And it is a shame - I did about 4 days there last winter, all early season when Cham wasn't looking too good. Very useful.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HammondR wrote:
@jbob,
Ahh, so you have taken the Chamonix plunge again @jbob, ? Look forward to meeting up with you and Mrs@jbob, in January.

It will come as no surprise to you that I am most reluctant to visit Verbier next winter (me being a Yorkshireman and there being a 50% charge now). Shame that

Cheers.

So we'll just have to do a week in La Grave instead Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HammondR wrote:
@jbob,
Ahh, so you have taken the Chamonix plunge again @jbob, ? Look forward to meeting up with you and Mrs@jbob, in January.

It will come as no surprise to you that I am most reluctant to visit Verbier next winter (me being a Yorkshireman and there being a 50% charge now). Shame that

Cheers.

Yes we will be out from the 4/1. Look forward to a few adventures.

Will be well up for a la grave excursion. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, I've joined the party late then NehNeh

@HammondR, Is 6 days in Verbier not included in the season pass anyway?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dunny#1, This year it's only 50% off. So you have a bunch of days (I forget how many) but must pay 50% of the cost of a day ticket. I think it's free if you have the annual pass rather than the season one. A bit annoying really.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The good news is that les Contamines is now included. Can have better snow than Cham plus some easy non glacier tours and off piste. Plus lots of cruisey blues and reds, if you like that sort of thing. Need to start a 2016 SH Cham thread to coordinate picnics

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 14-10-15 18:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@MadMountainMan, Ahhh, got you - yep that makes sense. But, the Evasion Mont Blanc area is included so it's not all bad Smile

I shall aim to attend some of these picnics Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@fixx, @fixx, y Madeye-Smiley
Hello there. I drive out on the 3rd/4th January. Would be delighted to meet up for a day or two. I am out with the current Mrs HammondR that week. If the old body holds up it is 4 months again.

Speaking to Madame ZeroG last year I was led to believe that there was a bunch of you heading for a winter sufferfest of Canadian backcountry adventure this time? Is she likely to be out in CX?

@jbob,
I couldn't make out if the Evasion MB bit of the Season pass included Les Contamines @MadMountainMan, has the guide for Offpiste & touring including there, as I am sure do you. Very much fancy some trips there. This year I am all Dynafiddled up, so the world is my lobster.

As for La Grave, we could have a fair few Chamoniard-y-Brits signed up. Just have to be ready to go when it snows!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
HammondR wrote:

@jbob,
I couldn't make out if the Evasion MB bit of the Season pass included Les Contamines @MadMountainMan, has the guide for Offpiste & touring including there, as I am sure do you. Very much fancy some trips there. This year I am all Dynafiddled up, so the world is my lobster.

As for La Grave, we could have a fair few Chamoniard-y-Brits signed up. Just have to be ready to go when it snows!

I'm pretty sure Contamines is included in the pass. I've only got the tour guide for Contamines; the off-piste guide is in the new Mont Blanc Off-Piste edition which is out of print but a re-print should be available soon. Might just nip off and try to get it again! Some of the Contamines tours look seriously nice!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jbob, @Dunny#1, @HammondR, woohoo - count me in for mountain picnics while I'm around!

@HammondR, Awesome, would be lovely to ski with you and the missus again Smile And I'm sure you'll make if the distance - you weren't struggling at all last winter!

Funnily enough I just dropped Madame ZeroG an email last night. Last I heard she hadn't got solid plans - I don't think the Canadian Backcountry is on for this winter - more likely the one after. So hopefully she will be Cham bound at some point! I'm trying to talk her into it at least Smile

I'll be all dynafiddled up for this winter too! I'm a big fan of Les Contamines, and a few other Evasion areas - happy to explore them with you, though won't have my own car this time, so will need to cadge lifts Toofy Grin

La Grave - could you coordinate with the OffPiste bash dates? I'll be on that, and it often includes a day or two in La Grave. Maybe drop admin a pm to see what's possible.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MadMountainMan wrote:
@Dunny#1, This year it's only 50% off. So you have a bunch of days (I forget how many) but must pay 50% of the cost of a day ticket. I think it's free if you have the annual pass rather than the season one. A bit annoying really.

I think this is right, we have bought the annual again and I am expecting we will be able to go to Verbier (limited days) for nowt still.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

La Grave - could you coordinate with the OffPiste bash dates? I'll be on that, and it often includes a day or two in La Grave. Maybe drop admin a pm to see what's possible.

Is anyone going to drive from Chx to the OPB, @fixx has already said she is carless? i am just looking at possibilities for sending a few skis along for you OPB'ers to try if they are available.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@fixx, We will be coordinating La Grave with some non Snowheads and it will probably be based more on snow than dates. I considered the OPB myself but decided it was just a little too expensive for me especially after I've already paid for the season at Chamonix.

@midgetbiker, I'm pretty sure you have full discount Verbier days with the annual. They only seem to have removed it from the season which is a bit of a bummer.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Where on earth did that smiley face thing come from on my last post? That type thing is not in my repertoire!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy