Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
"Naïveté"

Junior chalet girls are on Uber?

Navettes to either Ardent or Prodains. Depending on onward direction. Prodains used to be more frequent, back in the old days.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@under a new name, That was a good alteration from the iPad wasn't it, even managed an accent! And I completely forgot about Prodains, I think we only went up that way once last year but easy with the bus.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought it particularly funny managing to mistranslate one French word into another one...

Prodains every 10 minutes, Ardent every 30.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, every ten mins is good. We never use the Morzine navettes as we drive from Les Gets, but we use the service in LG, mostly for shopping as we are close to the piste down to the lift.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We usually have the car and park at Ardent as it (was?) free.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, still is? Well under my new regime for next winter I will only be going to Ardent once or twice, maybe.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Obviously it depends where you are starting from, and where you are aiming for. The PDS area is huge. We found in much easier to get the bus from the Ridge Hotel to Ardent. As Pamski said above, many other options available and during the holiday it is worth exploring them. e.g. Bus to Les Prodains which gets you right in to centre of Avoriaz if that is where you want to be.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jake43, obviously!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm getting a migraine. Obertauern is so much easier
wink Thanks for the info !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well, re Obertauern vs PdS, @CANV CANVINGTON, 100km of piste vs 650km is going to make a difference, isn't it?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ardent every time.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bit of a bug, @Nadenoodlee, if you're heading to Chamossière Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Only if you're slow @under a new name, wink

If I was skiing Mor-LG I used to park at Perrieres as I love the red down to the car park
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If we are skiing Chamossiere we drive and park at the Chavannes, take the poma up soon as it opens, down the Choucas and then wait for the Chamossiere to open, three times down is enough for me before other peope arrive.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think I managed a few early Saturday mornings in chamoissiere when it wasn't whacky races style skiing @Pamski, why people who can't ski to save their lives throw themselves down I will never know....
snow report
Bit like the Wall, @Nadenoodlee. When I was hosting I used to actively discourage guests from wanting to ski it with me as the personal risk from self propelling missiles from above was more than I was being paid to take.

If they really wanted steep, I think there used to be a black from the top of Mossettes into Les Crosets which was steeper but seems to have disappeared off the piste map. Anyway, if my memory is rubbish there was definitely always Machon which usually has better snow and better bumps.
latest report
@under a new name, certainly a risk of missiles on the Walll. A few years ago O.h and I were just going to the cafe at the top when we saw two snowboards that had been left take off. He managed to catch one but the other one went off on its merry way. We took the one inside and held it up to be claimed and were rather brusquely asked about its partner's whereabouts, and the boarders then rushed out and looked over the edge. Not much in the way of thanks for at least saving one of them!
latest report
@Pamski, that could have been very nasty!
snow report
@under a new name, Theree's still a run which has a couple of posts on it which is down a gully just after the cross on the left of the piste/road down the French side of Mossettes. Don't think I've seen a name for it. Certainly steep enough for me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy