Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier- France 2015-2016

Poster: A snowHead
@LeFou, Contact Mel at:
http://eurekaski.com/
She manages several apartments etc, may be able to help?
Our neighbour (Abdu) is a first class guide, he was one of the guides for the off-piste bash this year...
Re location, probably Villeneuve or Chantemerle as they're most central, but if you get a good accommodation deal, it's not a problem...
The season pass is around €1000 unless you buy it before the end of August, so the UCPA deal may not be so bad.....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah, looks like we're gonna go UCPA in the end as the season pass is expensive and UCPA is so reasonable! Now just to try find some cheap transfers…

Shame it's so long away yet!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@KenX, got enough travel on those front forks? Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dobby, only 200mm wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just enough then........
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TDF next year in Serre Very Happy

https://www.lemedia05.com/2016/37392/le-tour-de-france-sera-present-trois-jours-dans-les-hautes-alpes-en-2017/
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Weathercam, Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, I saw that too. Fab news. We would like to be out there, but had planned a later summer break next year.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So more typical interesting summer weather with more storms along with a 4.0 earthquake on Saturday night with the epicenter in Italy.

As usual it's a lottery of where the storms are, yesterday again KenX down in Prelles did not get the worst of it whilst here we had torrential rain.

It must be grim for those camping though if they get the rain that we had in the early hours of Sunday and then late in the afternoon.

On Sat I made a plan to go down and cycle round Lac Serre Poncon. I awoke Sunday morning to grim conditions but did check the rain radar and decided to go down. Was raining all the way even to Enbrun, but as I neared the lake so the sun shone and sky cleared.

I've never been round the lake in the summer, only at the end of the ski season and what a great place to holiday from the looks of things, twas looking positively Mediterranean at times.

On the way back I could see kites and windsurfers out at the top of the lake and stopped off to have a drink, and although it looked very pleasant I was not too bothered that I might be missing out on a session, probably because I was knackered after the bike ride.

Movie below is made from my GPS data and shows the route really well.

https://www.relive.cc/view/659609927

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Movie below is made from my GPS data and shows the route really well.

How cool is that?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Here's another ride movie - this time in the Serre Che valley.

https://www.relive.cc/view/661856224

Climbing up from La Salle Les Alpes off road to below the Granon then taking the traverse below Col de Buffere and Vallon du Moulette above Monetier before dropping back down through the "magic" forrest into Monetier then out pass Guibertes and back to La Salle.

Had an encounter with a patou shepherd dog which was a tad nerve wracking with les chiens at first. I managed to quickly get them on the lead as I could see the flock, along with the shepherd and his two collies but relaxed a tad as I couldn't see a patou and thought as the shepherd and his collies were there there was probably no patou, then I heard the barking and saw him running towards us from the cover of the bergerie.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They're beautiful dogs, but a bit inbred and scary.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What my Jack Rusells Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Weathercam, Laughing Laughing Laughing , you know what I mean.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Next season's passes bought !!

Another ten days till the "Skiquinox"

Yesterday's ride worth a mention.

As part of the Fete des Fortes they had an open day of the Maginot line emplacement / bunker below Gondrans atop Montgenevre, about ten mins walk from the chair lift.

I cycled up from the other side again up the old military road.

The underground chambers were just as they'd been left, all quite fascinating.

Friends I were meeting managed to mess up and after taking the chair walked up to Janus (which is a fair old hike) thinking it was up there, reckoned by the time they'd walked back to the correct fort they'd managed quite a tough 7-8km extra Laughing

Riding back down I took the trees all the way and this time carried on pass La Vachette traversing high staying in the trees following the GR5 and that chemin took me right through a couple of forts and then down across the Pont d'Asfeld which in all the years of being / visiting here I'd never actually been down to!

Down below in the fort where they were still using the original generators and lights etc

And then back through to the "older" forts above Briancon

Heading back home Wednesday - but planning on few more weeks in October.
snow report
@Weathercam, still have to sort our season passes, again not sure what to do.
ski holidays
@Hells Bells, yes we ummmed and errreed as to whether to not take the addict - but I'm pretty sure at least one of my daughters will be out so the five half price passes are a good option, though we could not use them last Xmas Evil or Very Mad

And we're bound to have a few others coming out - plus discount on LG and the summer pass, mind you I only used the lifts twice this summer rolling eyes

Did think it was a lot more expensive but looking back it's around €20 or so more.

Think last night we were talking about the logic of buying a Montgenevre pass as well if only to get the rest of the Milky Way, but I think that was the wine and beer talking!
snow conditions
@Weathercam, that's why were umming and arring, cos son's are both coming out at Xmas, but if we can't use the passes whats the point? And now we can't go to Monty or Sestriere for free either. We only used the summer lifts once this year, although I think J went out with Ken and used one or two. As we went home after only one day in January, we did get the pass refunded as we had the insurance included.
snow report
Jeeeees hope PamW does not read this as she'll have a fit Toofy Grin

Yesterday, Serre Chevalier to Euro tunnel in under eight and a half hours!

With one brief fuel and wee wee stop.

Was actually around 8:20 but had to get Les Chiens checked in!

Left Serre at 06.42 and went via La Grave and the rescue road as weather was seriously grim on the Lautaret and would have been even worse over the Galibier from the looks of things. Was going round Grenoble before 08:00 and being August there was no real rush hour to contend with thankfully, which was the original reason I was contemplating going over the Galibier to avoid Grenoble!

As usual though could not get on an earlier train, and the place for mid week was very busy!

snow report
Then I think it's time for the new thread
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy