Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aldi GPS watch

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
At the moment our Aldi has a number of GPS running watches with heart rate monitor in the bargain bin at £49.99. User manual here:

https://www.cranesportsconnect.com/manual/GPS_WATCH/92989_20150324_UK_WEB.pdf

They are intended for running but could well be used to log your skiing too.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I brought one of these last year when I started cycling.

The gps part seems to work well and would I'm sure work for skiing. I will take mine next time we go. The software on the PC is easy to use and shows what I want.

The only issue I have is with the heart rate monitor. If I start slowly and build my HR then it seems to record it correctly, but if i go hard from the outset, going form 60/70bpm to say 150+ within a minute, it seem to get scrambled and shows my HR at 220+ for the next few miles. Unfortunately there are hills out of the village where I live and so I'm puffing and panting within a minute. I also noticed this when running on the treadmill and using it for HRM only. Doesn't do it during spin classes where you start a little gentler and build the hr up.

The calories used seem to be pretty high too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy