Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pleeeeease try to persuade me to take up boarding!

Poster: A snowHead
You lot 60mph!!!!! I doubt it!

As for all yer antiboarding tips....glad u devote so much thinking time to us. To be honest I can say I can't reciprocate with the same courtesy as I am too busy riding and having fun. Emphasis on FUN. Look it up you bitter and twisted "it's our piste, yah!" two plank pimms guzzling dayglo buffons.

no this is more like it....

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crosbie wrote:
2) Sit in the middle of the piste so other boarders will see where you are.

Hadn't thought of that one.... note to self for next week.

crosbie wrote:
.1) In a chairlift queue make sure that any boarder nearby has no bare ground left upon which to place their foot.

Oh like that ever works.... I spend more time standing on ski's with my free foot in queue lifts, than I do snow NehNeh
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
crosbie wrote:
However, I do hate drivers that, on a wide open road with excellent visibility, first match your speed, and then pull out fully into the opposite lane and laboriously overtake you as if you might swerve uncontrollably to the right at any moment.

Some cyclists prefer that, others would prefer you passed close by at a reasonable speed so you can pick up some slipstream. From behind you can't tell which is which so is it right to play safe?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Even better when you see that all their weights on 1 leg.....gentle tap on the other ski........hey presto domino skiers! Quality! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Philip - I belive "buffoons" is spelt with 2 o's Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Philip Prior wrote:

As for all yer antiboarding tips....glad u devote so much thinking time to us. To be honest I can say I can't reciprocate with the same courtesy as I am too busy riding and having fun.

Many powder runs in London then?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Only in the toilets in the Met Bar...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DB. Why so anti London/Sarf? Get yerself a life Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No powder runs in London DB, but plenty in Morzine, Alpe d'huez and no doubt in my third as yet undetermined destination this season. Wink

I'm from the North actually but I find holding down a well paid job allows me to afford holidays such as these and feed my obsession with boarding. Sorry about that Twisted Evil
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ian - you took the bait on my "deliberately mispelt word ploy" to prompt you to correct me and thus enter the fray.

Glad ur back Wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tawt!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lady's front bottom, you mean? Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh don't start on that.Still tring to figure out Funny Fellow.!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've given you a big clue on the other thread!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DB wrote:
Philip Prior wrote:

As for all yer antiboarding tips....glad u devote so much thinking time to us. To be honest I can say I can't reciprocate with the same courtesy as I am too busy riding and having fun.

Many powder runs in London then?

oooh and how many powder runs do you have in the streets of Vienna then? Where can I book a ski pass?

So your from Manchester then.... so what, you stopped off in Vienna once, and were done for nicking hubcaps or sumfink ?

Yah thieving nurthern monkey .... keep your laderhosen on.

I could always lend you the bus fare home
ski holidays
Oisin Osh Kelly wrote:

oooh and how many powder runs do you have in the streets of Vienna then? Where can I book a ski pass?

So your from Manchester then.... so what, you stopped off in Vienna once, and were done for nicking hubcaps or sumfink ?

Yah thieving nurthern monkey .... keep your laderhosen on.

I finally decided to live in a place where people keep hold of their car radios and don't fight in the streets on the weekend.
There's 4" of snow in my garden at the moment, I could ski the steep (but short) back garden if I wanted. There's a small ski lift 15 mins from my house. (about the size of Tamworth, Milton Keynes Castleford etc)
Semmering is a resonable sized ski resort and is approx 1 hr 15 mins from Vienna. St Anton is only 52 Euros and 6 hrs on the train.
There are plenty of places with powder runs at the moment ca 2 hours away from Vienna, I shall be hitting them at the weekend again (as I have the last four weekends).

Any more questions goatie beard?

Oisin Osh Kelly wrote:
I could always lend you the bus fare home
Now where would you get money like that, from your rich boyfriend? NehNeh
ski holidays
oooh you beast DB... how did you know my boyfriend was rich... keep your hands to yourself...

So your saying you moved to Vienna to get away from Manchester... admirable in some ways I spose

So what your saying is that there are no Powder runs in Vienna then... pretty much the same as in London....

It's only 45 mins on the train to Diggerland from London... there they have a fantastic outdoor real snow slope... well okay.. I don't think they ever actually got it right... probably a mound of dirty brown snow by now... probably as good as your back garden....

Do you really dress up in your one piece fluro suit put your planks on and stand in your back garden drinking G+T waving your sticks of shame ??

NehNeh
ski holidays
Hey,
Don't go knocking Manchester - it's a great place tp come from (but not so good a place to go to I know).

Of course I don't drink G+T's, "I'ill have a babycham". Wink
snow conditions
'Hey!'..............'I'll Have A Babycham!' (Advert from early '90's).
But i'm not taking up skiing again! snowHead
snow conditions
DBs a Mank and he has the cheek to slag off Essex (ok we'll call that one a draw) Wink
I can just picture some norfern hippy type trying to dance like Bez on skis, dragging his knuckles on the slopes like a one-piece suited Gallacher brother. Oh dear! Very Happy
snow report
Sorted! Twisted Evil ....Top Banana.... Cool
ski holidays
Hullo Mrs Patterson !
latest report
Richie,
It's "Gallagher" not "Gallacher" init. rolling eyes
latest report
Couldn't give a monkeys. Very Happy
snow report
Spellings never been our forte.Ask Oisin!
What Does DNA stand for?
ski holidays
Do not ask.
snow report
Nope.
snow report
Simon (Mr T), I was being funny. Or not!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Simon, Is it .......National Dyslexia Association. (Sorry if that has offended anyone but it made me chuckle) Laughing
snow conditions
I was just looking at the Riders Profile's in that other thread. Most (if not all) of you have been boarding for 2 afternoons or more - you must all be experts by now. Shock
snow report
Yeh but i skied 1 afternoon,so i can do blacks on sticks if i need too....... NehNeh
snow conditions
Simon (Mr T), I found I could do blacks on my backside quite easily after no lessons!
snow report
Skiing's too easy innit!
latest report
I find doing blacks first thing in the morning when still inebreated (note to self... must by pictionary) easy
ski holidays
If you have sticks to help you stay upright then anything is possible Wink
snow report
DB wrote:
I was just looking at the Riders Profile's in that other thread. Most (if not all) of you have been boarding for 2 afternoons or more - you must all be experts by now. Shock

Too right I'm an expert, compared to a bunch of babysham drinking "walkers" like u and Masopa Laughing
snow conditions
Why not get rid of the sticks and just put stabilisers on each ski? rolling eyes
ski holidays
Or put four snowblades on your zimmer frames. That way you have something to hold on to. NehNeh
ski holidays
Pity they don't hand out free lift passes like they do bus passes. Wink
snow report
Philip Prior, they do in the US!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy