Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Lisa.8, Welcome to Snowheads.

Many of our blues are definitely of the red variety. The ones that are difficult (in places) are Bellecombe, Grand Nord Bis, Gours and Descente (which may be red, it varies). All of the blue runs on the Pied Moutet side are really red except for one but you have to go down a steep bit to get to it! With the exception of the early part of La Breche, all our red runs are quite steep - ie: if you're happy on reds at la Rosiere then stick to blues here. The rest of the blues are all very skiable. All greens are OK. There are no easy blacks - even if one or two look easy at the start. if you're happy on reds at Val D'Isere then you'll be fine in LDA, we mark about the same. You should be careful not to go up the La Fee charilift unless you mean to ski red/black, as the escape route is a red/black disguising itself as a blue!! this, however is perfectly avoidable.

The lower runs are all black except for the road (Chemin des Demoiselles), which is ghastly at the end of the day but fine otherwise. Plenty of lifts to come down on though if you don't fancy it. Bags of off piste both close and far from the pistes, and excellent conditions at the moment - should stay for a long while.

If you want to ask any specific advice give me a bell (number on my website) when you get here. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks Frosty and Rich! Think we will stick to getting the lift down then unless my skiing improves on what I can remember from last year!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lisa.8 wrote:
Thanks Frosty and Rich! Think we will stick to getting the lift down then unless my skiing improves on what I can remember from last year!
Thanks so much easiski for the advice - I'll print the info off and take it with me. Glad I asked otherwise think it would been a case of taking my skis off and walking down some runs! Its my first time to a French resort so I'm really loking forward to it, L2A has been given great reviews. It must be good for you to stay there!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lisa.8, i went to LDA on week 11th Feb as a complete beginner, and i could do blue runs there by the end of the week... not a greatest achievement but it gives you a good idea probably how easy/difficult runs could be, although that being said my instructor (who was from European Ski School) did actually admit that the runs grading system in france is generally a little chilled as supposed to other european countries for example some of those greens would certainly be qualified for a blue elsewhere like in italy etc.. I did see some truth into this as some of those green runs did scare the hell out of me but they were labled as blue! Very Happy nevertheless i found what i wanted as the resort offers plenty of options...

I went on the half-term (due to my brother being only available then)... , night-life surrounded around the Secret Bar, Smithies, the "pub", Yetties (small and crammed) and possibly the avalance club... there are plenty of other bars and restuarants so nothing to worry about there, the view is manificent specially if you get a chalet near the old part of the resort... most of the nice restuarants are also located at the old part of the resort...

I hope you enjoye your visit too...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hamed, which blues would you recommend?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bh1, i only could do the blues towards the end of the week, however having in mind i was a complete begineer at the start of the week the ones i did included "grand nord" where you take the jandri express all the way to 41, it then later joins the green on the cretes area. From there you can take the 4 chair lift (2Cool and there is another nice blue run immedietly on your left which ends to the same place "cretes" again...

After two days of ever skiing i mistakenly did the "des Demoiselles" joining "chemin" which are both green coming off the cretes but it was so icey and narrow (with no barreirs and such) and kinda busy too that both excited and scared the hell out of me... but hey i could then barely do turns! Very Happy but to my experience i think this one may deserve a blue on other resorts maybe?

I think if i ever go back to L2A i'll try the blues at the end of the jandri express (like 53) which looked easy enough on the map but the weather simply wasnt on our favor (lots of wind and snow made it difficult to see) which i didnt want to risk it... but i think they were interesting long blues...

Any hints from locals would perhaps be more interesting for you... (guys? reading this?)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was there last week, and loved it, a great resort, but as easiski says, some of the run grading is a little strange in places, with red runs and black runs running next to each other with exactly the same pitch, but different colour gradings. Puzzled Also a couple of lifts with no easy way out at the top. Could be a real problem if you're not too experienced, but quite adventurous.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hamed, I don't mean to be picky but you've got your knickers a bit twisted in places! The Cretes is the whole area between 2,100m and 2,400m which is at the top of the blue run you describe. That run is actaully called Les Cretes as is the 4 man chair. Grand Nord is the whole area below 2,600 down the the bottom of the new 6 man Bellecombe chair (the one with the rolling carpet). There are several routes, all labelled blue and of varying difficulty - the easy one is the Goulet du Grand Nord. Les Chemin des Demoiselles is the name of the whole run down from the Cretes to the town. Runs are normally graded on gradient, so the Chemin would never be anything except green - but now you've found out just how awkward to ski some greens can be!!

The run down from the top of the Jandri Express is mainly the Jandri (the lift company aren't very original), but a much nicer route is via Serre Pallas and La Mura to rejoin Jandri about 1/3 way down. It shouldn't be a problem for end of first weekers.

Note to all: Most of us who live in resorts don't have a clue what number any lifts are - the numbers are to look up the names listed at the bottom of the map! Most of us only know the names of the lifts/runs - therefore, it's worth learning the names, so that if you're lost, someone can help you! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charlotte/easiski, its been almost a month since i went there and couldnt rememebr the names at all i had to look at the map i quickly found online on http://www.2alpes.com/winter/uk/site/glisse/itineraires/itineraires.html# to name these... so we gather one should probably look at some other map to get the naming better...

but thanks for clarifying the names so that i wont be blamed if anyone got lost or something...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hamed, I didn't mean to be snotty or anything, but I was wondering a bit. If you did the Grand Nord under the Jandri Express you did very well BTW. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all your help guys, I have printed all the information off and will take it with me TOMORROW!!!!

Not as I'm excited or anything!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi there, this is my first post here although I have been known to have a moan about CML over on Winterhighland.

I'm off to Les Deux next week with my family and not having been on a skiing holiday with kids before I have the odd question. I'm told that my daughter who is 6 is fine for ski lessons but kids under 3, like my son, aren't. Now he's 3 in June so literally 2 months off being the right age, is there any flexibility for kids of this age or is everywhere going to turn him away?

Also what ski schools are best with kids and in general?

On another tack, is there a website or telephone number that I can use to book lockers near the slopes and do the people at the other end speak reasonable English?

Other than that any other advice for someone with two young kids and a wife who has never been near a ski slope before?

Any advice gratefully received Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roga, 6 is fine for all the schools, but I'm afraid 3 isn't. None of the schools will take children under 4 in the kindergartens in the holiday period. Your best bet might be to take a private instructor to help all of you and mix and match. ESF and ESI do private lessons in the lunchtime period and European do them in the afternoons. Are you coming this week (ie: tomorrow) or next week (after easter). That might make a difference. If you PM me I'll send you a list of instructors who might be able to help. If you're leaving tomorrow go to my website for my phone number and ring me for help.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks very much for the info easiski - I've sent you a PM.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski,

Hi Easi ski,

as a new member i am looking at taking my family on its first ski holiday at the beginning of April (our 3 year odl turns 4) I have been looking at L2A because of its height. Is it ok for a young child? Also my wife is a little worried about really high up cable cars (we both went sking to Andorra before son was born which was fine) what are the cable cars like in L2A

Any advice would be really apreciated

G
snow conditions
Garethb, I have replied to your PM. Very Happy Welcome to Snowheads snowHead snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy