Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thule Ski Bag & Boot Bag

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone any experience or thoughts on the Thule Round Trip Double Ski Roller or Round Trip Boot Backpack?

For info both items, as well as other models, are available on SportsPursuit at what appears to be a very reasonable price.

Any reviews or comments welcome as considering a purchase.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kendoddsdadsdogsdead, Did he?.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mibbes aye imbibes naw
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks good enough that I might have to buy one for myself at that price Smile (double ski roller that is)

Decent reviews online, and the photos on Amazon of the interior look good. It's a bit heavy though.
http://www.onthesnow.co.uk/gear/a/5801/2015-ski-bag-buyers--guide/thule/roundtrip-double-ski-roller
http://www.amazon.com/Thule-RoundTrip-Double-Ski-Roller/dp/B00O4T0OFY?tag=amz07b-21
http://www.mensjournal.com/gear/sports/the-rolling-ski-bag-thats-built-to-last-20150306
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anything I have read has been positive, I'll take a read the links too. The price is excellent but my biggest fear is the size.

The last 3 years we have been DIY when it has come to our trips. Flying in & renting a car for the transfer. My fear is that we may have to be selective about the rental car, making sure it has a ski flap from boot through to back seats. Even at that the bag appears fairly big & I wonder would it fit.

If we travelled & used coaches for transfer this may not be an issue.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmm, good point re. the size for cars...

I haven't found any at a better price that could fit my biggest skis (185cm) so may not have an option, but I'm expecting to be on coaches/transfers now more than cars (boo).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

My fear is that we may have to be selective about the rental car, making sure it has a ski flap from boot through to back seats.

We generally end up taking skis out of a ski bag to get them in the hire car. Even if the bag is full of boots , clothes etc you can generally get it in more easily with the skis separate.
Another good option is to travel with a handirack www.handiworld.com/HandiRack‎. I bought one after a recommendation on here and they are brilliant.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went on ahead & ordered the Thule luggage last night. Price seemed too good to miss & I kind of reached the same conclusion - skis out of the bag if it doesn't fit. But the Handirack seems like an awesome bit of kit. Thanks jedster, I'll definitely look into that a bit more.

Cheers
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do boots fit in the same bag? Or does it require a separate bag?

I've been thinking about the Dakine Fall Line double (which will take boots) or this one.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not sure. Certainly look like there is plenty of room but not 100%.

I ordered the double ski bag & boot back pack.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I know it is an old thread, but I've also just ordered the Thule double ski bag and boot pack from SportsPursuit. I had to get a new ski bag anyway, as I bought some longer skis (urck, gets pricey), but I had the Dakine Fall Line double previously. The Dakine bag is pretty well made, but I was never quite happy putting boots in the pockets, as the material looked like it was slightly thin, plus would need a load of clothes around to pad anyway.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy