Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort and hotel suggestions March 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - I am planning a 1 week family holiday flying out from a London airport on Sat/Sun 26/27 March 2016 (2 boys aged 13 and 10 on that date) with the following criteria:-

+ Family friendly hotel - no frills but where our boys might meet children of similar ages
+ Package to include flights and transfer (we drove last year and bad weather caused awful road/eurotunnel delays both ways)
+ Reasonably high altitude as quite late in the season
+ Suitable for advanced and intermediate skiiers
+ If possible not France as looking for a change from previous years (unless France matches criteria much better than anywhere else)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You might want to look at Champoluc in Italy. A few package deals go there I think. We travelled with Ski2 last season and they come highly recommended (but possibly not the cheapest). I think it's Ski Total who now run a very smart hotel there-the Breithorn. You might want to look at the Hotel Champoluc too. Ski2 deal with pretty much all the hotels in the village. The village is lovely, the food, being Italian is yummy, the on mountain grub is awesome and such great value. the Italians are friendly, skiing is great. Not huge in terms of mileage, but extensive in terms of range as it covers 3 valleys. We are good skiers, and loved the mostly quiet pistes (apart from New year, but even then there's only one real bottleneck), plus the easily accessible off piste. MCompared with France it was dead quiet even on the busy days in peak weeks. We liked it so much we went back for a weekend in early March. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My girlfriend & I spent a week at the Neilsen run Hotel del Clos in El Tarter, Grandvalira, Andorra at the end of last season - arrived on 05 April, left on 12 April.

Great family hotel, good food, easy walk to slopes, plenty of terrain to keep all abilities happy.

Here's the lead up and write up to that trip

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=118158

and Neilsen has great deals on at that hotel until the end of this month

http://www.neilson.co.uk/ski/neilson-mountain-collection
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry for hijacking your thread @Powder puppy.

@Mike Pow, I have just looked at the hotel (but the room upgrade is now £88 Sad )

Can I ask what you did and how much you paid for adult lift passes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We booked through Helen & Nigel at Ski Holiday Expert.

http://www.skiholidayexpert.com/

Paid a small supplement for a balcony room. Think it was £35 extra each for the week. Well worth it.

Paid tickets by the day.

We were intending to ski Arinsal for two days and one day was supposed to be raining. Neither materialised so we did 6 days in Grandvalira.

Not that much difference in price between 1 week pass and pay as you go at that time of the season.

This is a good deal if you'd like to ski the Vallnord area too

http://www.skiandorra.ad/en/ski-passes/5-days-ski-andorra-pass.html
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TBH it is the 1/2 price lift passes via neilsen.

I read your review and the mrs likes the fact the transfer is split into 2 sections. (She hates being on the coach)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah great deal.

Wasn't available to us last season.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just priced up the 2nd week in march. (Not easter)

Including 2 lift passes and a balcony is costing £1320 from manchester.

How does that compare to what you paid as I only have been looking at the French alps so far.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Your quote is cheaper.

We paid £450 each for flight, transfer, accommodation & food.

Lift pass was on top at roughly 40 euros a day
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ok. I just have convince Mrs K that the transfer won't be that bad. Shocked

Wish me luck Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ha ha.

It was comfortable and went quickly. Great scenery.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers @Mike Pow, all booked.

If we don't like the hotel you better find a good lawyer Razz
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Powder puppy, the same week last year we had a week in Hinterglemm staying at the very basic but perfectly adequate Reisinger, booked through Neilsen. There weren't many kids there but Jnr (13 at the time) didn't seem to mind - he turned in to my lemonade/radler drinking buddy when the OH was too tired to go out!

I'm pretty sure we got a free lift pass for Jnr as it was the end of the season. Quite a few areas offer these for kids at that time of year so worth checking out (we've taken advantage of these in Ski Amade, Skiwelt, Les Arcs, Serre Chevalier).

We are very much intermediate, Jnr is heading towards being an advanced piste skier - so very similar to your family.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy