Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glenshee chairlifts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Work has started on replacing the ancient Cairnwell chair with a new 3 seater. Most of the old pylons are down, and they expect to start pouring concrete for the new foundations in the next couple of weeks. Completion due early November. Apparently the top station will be slightly further north than the old one was. Just a sea of mud at the old bottom station:

Next year they are aiming to build a new chair on the other side of the road, diagonally across the hill from the bottom of the Meall Odhar poma to the top of the Caenlochan poma.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
deerman wrote:
Next year they are aiming to build a new chair on the other side of the road, diagonally across the hill from the bottom of the Meall Odhar poma to the top of the Caenlochan poma.

Saw mention of that on facebook but wasn't sure if it was genuine or a wind-up.

This was also posted on FB and I always spat my coffee across my laptop when I read it!

Quote:
Have you any plans to link the car park sunny side to the 3rd valley at Glas Maol ie cable car, gondola?

That would be a project to rival some of the best in Europe.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Have you any plans to link the car park sunny side to the 3rd valley at Glas Maol ie cable car, gondola?

And there is no way that would ever get permission as there will be no further development in Glas Maol - not even a lift running East up the gully at right angles to the Glas Maol poma, thanks to SNH.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Glenshee has announced that it will be auctioning the chairs from the recently dismantled Tiger chairlift, for charity, on 24 October. Starts at 12.00 in the car park.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Tiger was a single seater wasn't it? If it'd been a double chair I'd get one for the garden.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Valkyrie, Yes, single seater - article with photo:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/perth-kinross/glenshee-chairlifts-to-go-under-the-hammer-for-charity-1.897927
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy