Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

passa tonale or elsewhere?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi my son fancies trying skiing in italy - we are a family of two adults and two teenagers age 17 and 15 - previously we've only skieed in scheffau in austria - clocked up 5 years skiing in the last 8 years. Two years ago we went back to scheffau at xmas as we are now tied into either xmas new year or half term Sad this was a bit quiet for the kids now they are older hence why we are looking at italy - passa looks good - fairly reasonable but have seen it sounds a bit quiet - but more importanyl has it got a good snow record this early on - glacier apart - or any suggestions for other resorts in italy which we can reasonably rely on for snow....and poss nightlife:)

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to Snowheads, @zarazag10. Only know PT by reputation but it's not known for its nightlife. A different Austrian resort could be more up your boys' street. There are plenty with good reputations for early snow but you can be lucky or unlucky anywhere.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have only skied Italy once and that was in Passo. It is a fairly quiet resort and the ski area is not massive so I am not sure it fits your requirements.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@zarazag10, Generally Italy is not very lively apres wise - a couple of km's from Scheffau, Soll might be good fit at half term...more nightlife and snow will be decent then.

New Year for "reliable" snow conditions you either need a high resort or a resort with a glacier. Being further east will help too. Resorts I would suggest that fit some or all of your requirements in Austria would be Zell am See/Kaprun, Saalbach-Hinterglemm, Schladming, Obergurgl, Solden, Mayrhofen/Hintertux, Ischgl but as @pam w says you can be lucky/unlucky wherever you go at anytime.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Passo Tonale is very quiet during the week. As previous posters say, perhaps better to look at other Austrian resorts.
If set on Italy, look at Livigno. Snowsure and decent nightlife. Transfers can be painful though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Madonna di Campiglio is not far from Passo and the ski area is much bigger.
There are now some of the on slope bars which have gone a bit "Austrian" (very lively) and there's quite a bit of night life, well enough to keep most people happy.
Send me a PM if you want to more information.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've ski-ed Passo for the past two years, as stated a quiet resort, more suited to the older ones I would think, but nice snow and lifts.
I'm going back again this year, but not for the night life !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy