Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fast drag lift

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I thought I read somewhere that there used to be 12mph one in NZ but this looks even faster. Have a look at around 2m 40s.

http://youtube.com/v/wVR5Ce6PVok?t=2m40s
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zooooooooooooooooooooooooom
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never used one but I've read that some of the n z rope tows are as fast as a high speed chair ie. 6 m per second or 13 mph.

Our home made rope tows in the Pennines were never that fast and we moved away from them basically because we got fed up having to dig the rope out after a blizzard. How do they get around that in NZ or do they wind the rope in each night?

I can see that for a club set up a rope tow still makes sense eg the lowthert hills club although there are now more second hand overhead lifts available eg. The sheiling tow from cairngorm or the old meall odhar tbar from glenshee.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Lecht used portable wire tows for at least the first winter, I don't remember them being as fast as in the video.

I did wonder whether the video had been scanned at a slightly different frame rate from when it was originally shot.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rjs wrote:
The Lecht used portable wire tows for at least the first winter, I don't remember them being as fast as in the video.

I did wonder whether the video had been scanned at a slightly different frame rate from when it was originally shot.

The skiers and their actions seem to be normal speed.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy