Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions for Resort and Accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
My SO has been asked to suggest a resort and some accom for a work colleague. Merihell was the 1st choice, but it's not always snow sure.... so where would you suggest, and who should get their business....Here is their request....

Travelling soon (next few weeks)

Ideally can ski from chalet

- Close (walking distance to bars / nightlife)

- Self catering / Food provided not bothered.

- Good slopes nearby for beginners and intermediates

No marching through the resort in boots, and nightlife is important Very Happy
Any ideas fellow snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 5-01-06 17:09; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shall I get Wengen and La Rosierre out of the way for you so you can get some other suggestions wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro, Well Wengen is a bit low...but La Rosiere I would see as a possibility. What about the nightlife there?
I'm thinking along the lines of Courchevel 1850...any SH stayed there?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If Courchevel then try Ski Olympic for 1650 and 1550. Even better may be Silver Ski or others for La Tania or La Praz. La Tania has a new green run and can be quite lively.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowbunny, Judging by your criteria i can't understand why Meribel came out as no1. Ok it's a big party resort, but i wouldn't say it was ideal for beginners, there certainly isn't much ski in ski out accomodation to be had, and the accomodation can stretch quite a distance down the road out of the resirt centre. As i recall Dicks T bar is a fair way out from the resort centre too (next door to pizza express?).

I would say Tignes would be great - beginners aside - and there is plenty of self catered apartment stuff here too.
Couchevel is great for all standars but can be very expensive when it's your round!
Val D'Isere is party central too, but probably no good for beginners either. dito for St. Anton

Hmmmm i can see your dilema!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To be honest, in the next few weeks, with conditions as they are, I'm not sure that being snow-sure needs to be a priority. There's a really decent base in most places, more than enough for a few light snowfalls to refresh, or to hold artificial snow. Meribel and Wengen would seem a possibility, also Zell am See. Perhaps Cervinia in Italy?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, La Tania lively? Will that be the same sleepy, family orientated La Tania in the 3Valleys or a you speaking of another resort? Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't think you'll get all of them. the only strong ski in/ski out venue is France and the nightlife doesn't tend to be lively. The right place in Saalbach Hinterglemm might be an idea. OK some walking in ski-boots, but everything else is in place and the snow in Austria is A1 at present. snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kitzbuehel - choosing the right hotel is important thought if you want to be close to slopes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowbunny, I think Courchevel 1850 would fit the bill nicely - the Forum apartments are particularly well positioned. If catered is preferred the Mark Warner Chalethotel Dahu is opposite the Forum and I can recommend it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair, Thanks, I had looked at the Dahu online. The Forum apts may be well placed for this group, not sure how many there are though. I believe that the beginner/novice areas around 1850 are very good, some tree lined runs, plenty of gentle terrain etc Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FastCarver, oK not a screaming bun fight, but 3 or 4 very decent and convenient bars (not a huge rip off either). Perhaps it was lively coz i was there Very Happy . Seriously though livelier than many places in the 3V and other resorts such as la Plagne, La Rosiere etc.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowbunny, 1850 is good for all levels of skiing, and a great place, but you need very deep pockets.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowbunny, recommend they go to Meribel, sure to meet lots of other English couples and they'll feel they've spent lots of money so it must be worthwhile.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowbunny, They should come here. Do they want chalet for sure or is apartment OK? PM me for info or look at my website - lots of accommodation ideas there. We're fairly quiet for the next couple of weeks so finding somewhere shouldn't be a problem. Buses to save walking and convenient lifts to get from one side of town to the other. LDA is supposed to be the party capital of France, but as I never go out these days I can't vouch for that! Shock Masses of skiing in the village itself (not all nursery slopes either), easy slopes at 2,200m and also at the glacier. Moderate runs all over. I presume they're not interested in the blacks and off piste.
latest report
easiski, Good suggestion, thanks. There are 6 in the party, and I understand they are looking to rent a whole small chalet/apartment and look after themselves.
latest report
snowbunny, I'd agree with easiski :- L2A would meet all their needs and is a fun place of an evening. But I'd also add Val Claret / Val d'isere which will meet the additional criteria specified by David@traxvax , Very Happy (actually I liked it a lot).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy