Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are the French Better at English than the English at French?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Nadenoodlee wrote:
English scools are crap at teaching languages,

I'm saying nothing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Slowplough wrote:
Last week I had a meeting at Heathrow with two Italian clients who had flown over from Milan, neither of whom spoke a word of English so they brought a translator with them.

All quite reasonable.

The translator turned out to be a gorgeous young Russian woman who had many attributes not necessary for a translator.

She also lacked many attributes very necessary for a translator.

She spoke perfect Russian, a little Italian and a smattering of English.

She spent most of the meeting speaking English to the Italians and Italian to me.

Well I managed to get myself understood and our business was concluded successfully.

One assumes Any Other Business went just as well!

Wasn’t sure if she was brought along for my benefit or not, but I didn’t wait around to find out.

Suffice to say the very little Italian I knew plus the international language we can all ‘speak’ got me out of trouble.

I just love the Italians.

Thanks!!! Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nadenoodlee, You were lucky that you had A levl French! I had only 25 years forgotten O level when I got here 14 years ago, but have struggled to learn. I can't get rid of my accent entirely though (although I do try), but consider it a great compliment if someone asks if I'm Swiss or Quebequois. I have a friend who's lived here longer than me who pronounces all French words in English rolling eyes , I can't understand a word he says in French, although the French seem to be able to!! My sister lived in the Midi for a year, and it always surprises French people when she pipes up in that strong accent.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah the southern French accent...fond memories...I lived there for 4 years, and still pronounce some words that way...paign (pain). It's easier to "mask" my Italian accent, even thought at the beginning people was thinking I was Swiss (indeed in my region the accent is roughly similar to the one the Italian Swiss have...)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy