Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best for 2 centre trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for advice on who to use to book a two stop ski holiday from the uk.

Any suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@lifeinplymouth, welcome to snowHeads. I would sort it DIY for a two centre holiday in Europe, although there will be options in USA and Canada with tour ops. http://www.skisafari.com/Ski-Canada.aspx
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@lifeinplymouth, not sure who to book it with either but would echo @Hells Bells comment on DIYing it in Europe.

I'd fly into Salzburg, ski a week in the Salzburger Land area (options could be Saalbach-Hinterglemm, Flachau, Radstadt,Kitzbühl etc. to name just a few) and then take a direct train from Salzburg HbF direct to the Oetztal Bahnhof (for Hochoetz, Soelden or Obergurgl) or the Imst-Pitztal stop (for the Pitztal) or St. Anton (for St. Anton/Lech/Zürs). That train goes about once an hour and it would take between approx. 2:15 to 2:45 depending on where you get off.

I'd then fly back to the UK from either Innsbruck or München (usually cheaper but a bit further to travel).

Maybe it would also work to base yourself in a resort which is part of a big linked up ski area such as Les 3 Vallées, die Seller Runde/La Sella Ronda etc.?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why? And given that no-one will have an off the shelf option for you what resorts did you have in mind?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@lifeinplymouth, Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

You've not said how long you want to go for e.g 1 week or 2 weeks? If you are going for 2 weeks and you insist on going with a tour operator you could probably arrange with them to transfer between resorts via the airport (provided both resorts are served by the same airport). It would take a long time and you'd probably have several hours to kill once the coach has arrived at the airport as it waits for the incoming flights. DIY would be be much more flexible and if you choose resorts which you can easily travel between by train (or possibly coach services) that would be a lot better imv.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Why?

As Dave says, (almost) no-one will organise such a thing, so you could go anywhere (as you'll be organising the whole thing yourself).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@lifeinplymouth,
If you want to go a 2 centre holiday say one week in each then pick two resorts that you can get between by public transport. So for example do a week in Tignes with the operator and a week in the 3V. At the end of first week rather than go to airport get them to drop you off at Moutiers. Pre book the bus from there (48+ Hours in advance) to the 3V resort. It costs about €10 per person. You will be up in resort early and get part of an extra day skiing.
Check what's best way to buy your lift passes as one resort may include one day in the other. This may be the best way to cover the extra skiing on the transfer day.
If the operator will not drop you off then you can just take the bus all the way from Tignes to the 3V with changes.
I have done above several,times without problems
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
One of our best trips ever was a diy one flying with Easyjet into Zurich. We then got the train to Arosa where we spent a few days in a really nice youth hostel and then back on the train to Davos where we rented an apartment. Also did another one centre diy to Leysin, flights to Basel and train from there. The trains weren't cheap but the flights were (lots cheaper than Geneva flights) so it balanced out. Using the train was lovely, it was soooo much nicer than going by coach or driving.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We've done it several times over the last three weeks of the year. I have to take ten days off in a row so whilst two of the weeks are peak it was good value on holiday days. I think the easiest for a fortnight would be one week ischgl and another St anton. I would fly into Zurich, train it to the station / post bus pick up for ischgl and taxi over to SA at the end of the week. Train direct from SA to Zurich on the way home. The three valleys is totally doable, but the taxis can cost a bit more. When we did the 3v we took the car.

Definitely DIY and look out for discounts / free lift passes with accom in ischgl. Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you want to use an agent to arrange things for you then I'd recommend Ski Bespoke. They're not the cheapest but the service is great and they've got an interesting range of good hotels in good resorts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy