Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Open Minds II

Poster: A snowHead
Well done to the people in today whom bought the Atomic GS11 186 and the Dynastar Speed 64 comp 165. The gamble paid off, we weren't sure that after the training months if anyone would be intrested in thourough-bred race skis, but it seems we were wrong and our patience has been rewarded. Awaiting new snow to start selling the big stuff, so get touring or killing kids on the beautifully prepared pistes we now have. Twisted Evil
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

so that will you out of stock of the stiff, slim, fast type skis then.

just the proper ones left Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, are you going to post every day about the skis you sell? Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PIGGYBANKKEEPER, have you thought of calling these threads 'Open Chequebook'?

You're clearly upsetting my good friend Hat Box.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

That surely can't be a bad thing! Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FastCarver wrote:
Quote:

Funny thing is, if he knew anything about me, and where I ski, he would probably have a completely different and more positive attitude when I make suggestions.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you still got those Squads? There are some guys over here that will give you good $ for them...

I'm having issues over here in Verbier. Can't seem to get my Prophets mounted, I don't mind free drilling them if it comes to it but NOT one shop has a jig big enough. The main issue is breaks, I've broken three pairs now trying to bend them wide enough... Thinking of asking certain members of snowHead if they have any spare leashes... Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor, what bindings are you putting on?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
parlor, brakes? Isn't that like rigging a bedsheet sail on a VLCC tanker that's broadside to the wind?

Edit: more like a paddle rudder, quite right.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
parlor,

Send the prophets to me and get yourself a pair of those less-fat skiny skis from ebay wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
Send the prophets to me

Good idea, but say it over the phone because it sounds like "Send the profits to me".
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
FastCarver wrote:
Quote:

Funny thing is, if he knew anything about me, and where I ski, he would probably have a completely different and more positive attitude when I make suggestions.

Your suggestions have never been an issue to me, just a little niave, as i remember it was my suggestions that were callad to issue. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
parlor, Happy New Year. Yeah, still got the squads, although the Scandies have arrived this week. Guess heat treating the brakes may help getting them over the waist of your skis, however not being a metal expert, this may too weaken them. comprex, may have the low-down on this. Had you have been in Cham', those Prophets would have been skied to death my boy. We have SNOW. Twisted Evil
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
We have SNOW. Twisted Evil

Yeah, it looks good out there - 10cm in the last 2 days, 256cm base, 540cm season to date. Definitely the kind of conditions where a fat ski would be appropriate. If it was only 55-170cm base, I'd only want sub 80mm skis, but with the good soft base you have, fat is the only way to go.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Your suggestions have never been an issue to me, just a little niave, as i remember it was my suggestions that were callad to issue. Twisted Evil

Ah yes, that I might suggest different widths, and different skis based on ability, conditions, and where someone skis, that would be very naive of me, compared to your earlier suggestions of: Volkl Karmas are the answer, now what is the question.
snow conditions
Maybe SMALLZOOKEEPER is a Jewish tailor. I don't know if they still say it, but apparently the stock expression used to be:
"Never mind the quality ... feel the width"
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, You're never going to let this one lie, are you. I feel it's a little niave to recommend skis to people, based on reviews and marketting, my propositions are supposed to provoke a thought process outside of this box. I can read all the catologues and magazines i have in front of me and run off quotes and you and i would get along fine, however i don't swallow it. Maybe i'm a synic, but i do spend alot of time with designers, technicians and test the products often years before their launch. I see them made, understand the costs and the corners cut. Between the design department and me, there is a huge marketting machine working like political spin doctors, 80% of which don't ski. C'mon Foxy, wake up and smell the roses, rather than attacking my brief recommendations and direct approach, try asking me why? Twisted Evil
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Get in. Have it foxy Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Strange post! To congratulate your customers for buying a product sounds a little patronising and are you using this post just to promote shop? If so it won't make you too popular and hence the attack from WTFH.
ski holidays
Thanks Chris, point taken. The purpose of the post is not to increase the popularity of the shop, just a light hearted way of adding perspective to a previous descussion. It had the disired effect and i now realise that there are those more stubborn than i. It's easy to deliberatly take things out of context in order to save asking a question of ones-self. Bothered? Not one bit. My sentiments in this chatroom are often difficult to grasp, my use of written english is poor, however in my shop where i may speak and my sentiments are understood we have no problems. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I totaly sympathise with you and in the past i have too had a rollocking for questioning peoples opinions. The top posters don't like it when someone with knowledge comes along, it must threaten them!

I also say that promoting your shop is not a bad thing to do on here especially in the way you are doing it. It's clearly not SPAM due to your number of posts, and i would say there are plenty of people on here who post for financial gain, whether that be via chalet/apartment rentals, bar promotion, or even trying to sell their flat in Belfast (mention no names Fox t**t).

It seems to me there are rules for some and others for others, and was under the impression that the whole point of this site was for free expression and chat after the skiclubUK closed it's shop so to speak. Those founders and long term members/high posters should stop and think about that for a minute.
latest report
Quote:
It's clearly not SPAM due to your number of posts

584 in this case. Clearly snowHeads doesn't label someone a 'spamRider' above a certain level of posts. And obviously there's no scientific answer as to what is spam and what isn't spam. That's because the term's been hijacked from what was a clearly-defined item ...

... and turned into an expression for emails and postings that exploit the unwarned reader that an apparently innocent message might be a piece of advertising.

With no disrespect to SMALLZOOKEEPER, who knows he can survive any spam accusations by keeping us amused, he's definitely gaining commercial advantage from appearances here. This is not a crime, and we're not some kind of monastery or the Women's Institute, but it's slightly spammy.

Not as spammy as processing and compressing your boot customers into a can, but slightly spammy nonetheless.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 6-01-06 14:02; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
FastCarver, Starting to think that maybe the case. Nevermind, whilst i still have my fingers and a mountain outside my window, i'll continue to post my views. Those fish whom swallow the big worm of marketting are those whom can't feed themselves, they'll be caught, filleted and severd with cheap tatare sauce in a little chef one day. Good luck to 'em. Until then i'll continue taking my salary, skiing when and on what i choose and being a smug-littlezookeeper as the years of hard work pay off. Happy New Year, Sport. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, But it's ok for people to advertise their apartment or chalet for let? Is this not the same as what SMALLZOOKEEPER, is doing?

And comments on snowheads view of posts regarding the selling of property within Great Britain would be appreciated please.
snow report
FastCarver wrote:
David Goldsmith, But it's ok for people to advertise their apartment or chalet for let?

Yes, at a rate of 50p per word. Payments to be made out to "The Benevolent Society for Destitute Second-Home Owners".
snow conditions
Personally I don't have a problem at all with SMALLZOOKEEPER's posts - they are helpful, informative and funny. There are those who are much more 'guilty' of promoting their own businesses with providing no additional input to the forum.
snow report
Cuddles to you Cathy Twisted Evil Sorry to say, i'm now going to show these ludittes the power of genuine marketting over the following months. ISPO is around the corner and i'm boot and ski testing for 2006/7/8 from now until March. Luckly, Smug assed me. Most of it is done from HELECOPTERS. Twisted Evil

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 6-01-06 14:37; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Cathy Coins,

well said Cathy, I know the SMALLZOOKEEPER and know what is is like, great guy, with a sense of humor and unlike many of the people posting on this site he acually knows his stuff. I have read some serious Bull from some posters, just because you read the magazines don't make you an instant expert
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I can think of at least two pairs of long-standing, high-posting snowHead's who have ongoing snipes at each other. It's sometimes amusing, occasionally boring. They go so far back, that I am reminded of Lord Palmerston: "The Schleswig-Holstein question is so complicated, only three men in Europe have ever understood it. One was Prince Albert, who is dead. The second was a German professor who became mad. I am the third and I have forgotten all about it."
ski holidays
CEM, Cathy Coins, SMALLZOOKEEPER, UNITED WE STAND. So many times i have said this only to be out numbered by people who fall for the bull.
ski holidays
I see La Roisere room offers & plugs for Yanky Ski training courses more spam than Zookeepers offerings. I've even given plugs for friends in the ski business on here (further details on request). It's not as if Zookeeper is putting any prices to his advice or trying to lure people from Westen Supermare or Ramsbottom to his cornershop/hideout in the Alps. Having said that I'll never trust a ski mag or a shopkeeper 100% as very few of them are totally unbiased.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 6-01-06 14:56; edited 1 time in total
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I forgot to say, a few months ago i was threatend to be booted out of snowheads because of my opinions, and telling people they were talking rubbish! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
FastCarver,

I do feel that Cathy Coins, is taking a risk by associating herself with us , she has got well over 1000 posts

viva la revolution Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
This is hysterical, come and buy boots from me, come and buy boots from me. Twisted Evil
latest report
FastCarver wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I totaly sympathise with you and in the past i have too had a rollocking for questioning peoples opinions. The top posters don't like it when someone with knowledge comes along, it must threaten them!

Did you call my pint a puff? I dont care how many posts someone has, or what experience they have. All I ask for is the same respect I would demand in a face to face conversation. I know some high posters can be touchy, but David Goldsmith must have skin like rhino hide the amount of flak he takes, yet he is always respectful, and generally polite.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

This is hysterical, come and buy boots from me, come and buy boots from me.

NO NO NO...buy them from ME ,buy them from ME

Oh that right I don't sell em ,just fit em Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, There is nothing i say on here that i wouldn't say face to face to anyone.
ski holidays
FastCarver, Same here.

Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberry. wink
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, I'm going to report you to the snowheads police Shocked
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, Your Mum's your Dad and you dad's your little sister. Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy