Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Black Run between Folgarida and Marilleva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Work has already begun on the new “black run” from the top of Monte Vigo (in front of the Orso Bruno Cafe) down towards Marilleva. For those who know the area it will run (almost) under the six man chairlift, but slightly to the right as you look down.

Plus, finally, planning permission has been granted by the National Park to replace the old chairlift (Malghette) which comes up from the Madonna di Campiglio area back to Folgarida. Work will start in 2016. In preparation for this the Malghett red run will be widened for the coming season and the two "dog legs" will be taken out, or at least made a little less dog-leggy.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

replace the old chairlift (Malghette)

That is good news... Other than taking a bit of pressure off the Red run not sure the new black will offer much....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure I've ever seen that many people on the Red from Orso Bruno.
This new Black will only be a few hundred meters long but if it adds to the area it must be a good thing.

As you see they are working hard to get it ready for the snow.

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's good news, I was stuck in the Malghette lift queue with about 1500 other skiers in 2010! Got on after 40 mins & skied like the devil down to
Marileva 900 to catch the free bus back to Passo Tonale, my ski buddy missed the bus & had to get a €60 taxi!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Malghette piste is being worked on right now. They are widening it and sorting out the dog-legs in the middle section.
More details here:
http://www.ski.it/EN/news-malghette-ski-slope-expansion/
The Malghette is strange as it is normally almost unused and then, at the end of the day when people ski back from Campiglio it is, to say the least, over-used. But if you read the ski.it web site you'll see they now have planning permission to upgrade/replace it in the summer of 2016.

The new "little grisily" piste from the top of Monte Nigo will be quite steep (70%) at the top and not so steep lower down.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Lisa_BrentaSki, I really like that run but for the fact that it gets very churned up and that the uplift is so slow, hopefully widening up will improve the churn factor and really look forward to them replacing the old slow lift.

Like the idea of the new black run.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skied the new black and was very impressed. a nice steep top section followed by some fun rollers on a reddish blueish run out which was fenced off from the nearby red. good fun !
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice new run, I wonder when the piste maps will catch up? The ones we had not only missed the "little Grizzly" but they also still have the, now missing, No17 chair to the top of Dos de la Pesa. Found that they were last years stock, but the new ones still don't have the new run.

Superb condition of the runs up to Saturday with nearly everything open, but they are getting thin in places. Hope the snow comes as forecast later this week.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Col the Yeti, hadn't clocked the removal of that chair, not that I've ever used it when I've been in that sector but why have the got rid of it, any idea?

Hopefully will try Little Grizzly in a couple of weeks.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@stevew, No idea why it has gone, the lift number is now on the wall of the restaurant but there is no sign of the lift. The lower section of slow chair ends at the midway hut and you have to ski down to the main basin to get to the top.
The runs off Dos de la Pesa were quiet compared to the main basin so we did a few laps. maybe there were not enough users going that way when there is a faster option.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Col the Yeti, thanks for replying. Was the widened Malghett red run mentioned above any better this year, I've always liked the run but it get's really cut up at the corners.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stevew, Malghett was very busy early doors as people headed towards Madonna and then empty after lunch. When it was cold in the morning rush it held up fine all day. One day was pretty warm early on and the whole run was trashed by about 10.30, there are no real pinch points though so it was perfectly skiable, just not very enjoyable.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the update
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy