Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick report. Just got back. I been out there sonce 17 Dec.

Arrived 17ht & they just had the biggest dump for a few years. They needed it otherwise it would of been just manmade. One week of fantastic condtions.

From the 27th the temperature went down to as much as -25C bitterly cold & it pretty much snowed everyday. Warmed up last week to summer temps around -10C then to global warming temp of about -2C Very Happy

Xmas / NY week unusually quiet compared to previous years becuase of the weekend changeovers. Jan 2nd was the busiest day of whole trip.

Left yesterday snowing in the morning, it sunny now I have been told Very Happy

Back in Holland for washing & feed the dog then back out there in in 2-3 weeks.

NOTE.

Anyone flying KLM beware they now charge an outrageous 20 Euros each way for Skis regardless of weight.

Swiss are still free if you carry only one pair.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stanton, we arrived back from Lech on Tuesday. A great snowy week. So snowy, in fact, that the return train from Vienna to Zurich was delayed one and a half hours and so we had a chilly wait at Langen station.

We flew Helvetic between Luton and Zurich. No complaints at all over promptness and leg room (best of all the budget airlines we've flown on). Confusion at Luton over baggage allowances and seat reservations mainly because of an agency dealing with check in. At Zurich, 5 of us had a combined allowance of 130kg which covered 5 boot bags. Since we didn't have skis, except for blades (which were treated as hand luggage), there were no excess weight charges.

Not sure we'd want to do the train again with all the luggage humping between stations. I'm told the Arlberg Express (bus) is good. Any experiences? May well drive from England next year.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I heard about the train delay . Very rare.. There were problems in Salzburg(snow) . My train was OK Happy
I ,ve used the train many years & you could tell the time by its accuracy.

I,ve also driven many times down from Holland but have been caught in snowstorms on the way home a number of times in Germany & have had to overnight in a Hotel. ITs nice to dirve down in the Springtime.

Mostly its Plane & trains from Holland now, its relaxing i.e you dont feel knackered,tunnel visoned when you arrive.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BTW.

Did you here about that person that missing in St Anton on New Years Eve? The emergency services were probing alll round town, the snow drifts,snow in gardens , railway embankments, ploughed up roadside snow.

Dont know if they found the body ? Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What's the off piste like particularly the avalanche risk?
I am going skiing on 15 Jan and will make my decision very much on snow conditions.
Les Arcs, VdI, Verbier or St Anton?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Was HIGH when I was there.

They still needed more off piste as they didnt get any real BIG dumps in October/November. Only the dumps over Xmas & New Year. North Face of Stuben looked good & down to Langham although I didnt ski it.

Snow conditions & consistency changes constantly.

You need to check daily but generally I wouldn't ski off-piste anything 2 or over.

We talked about this before on here, more people are lost when they Post 3 warning than any other level.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton, Colin Bell, came back on friday after 9 days of great fun - pity that the sun was just starting to come out the day we left (thursday) - thought that new years eve was fab - my first time there and i loved it - thought the skiing in Lech/Zurs was also great

stanton - thanks for your advice beforehand - had reservations for the 2 key evenings - otherwise waited in bar areas of restaurants until tables became available - all good!
... also purchased new boots in Sport Alber - they couldn't have been more helpful - tweaked my wife's boots on 4 occasions without a single grumble - also upgraded and discounted our rental skis which was also good
... just back in office this am - as the cliche goes 'rather a bad day on the piste than a good day in the office' Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Going out next Saturday for a week. My significant other arrived there today and tells me that it's cold but no snow till Wednesday.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
B00thy, off on the 21st too. Hoping for some snow, although conditions look really good as they are. Especially compared to some in Italy.

It will be my first visit to St Anton and really looking forward to it!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You'll love it - it has everything anyone (except perhaps early intermediates) would want
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snow is falling heavily. There is a good few cm on the ground from last night. Visibility is low of course but there's no wind.
Must go now! Wink
snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin, how many people did you manage to collar for your trip in the end .. any snowheads?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
surprisingly, there were just the three of us in the end but there's a good bunch here and by coincidence even an old mate from years back!

The new snow was wikid today. The sun even came out a bit too. End of the day the cloud came down a bit so maybe we'll get more tonight.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
actually,it is snowing now snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
admin, heard any news about the long-range (I mean between now and Saturday night) forecast?
ski holidays
don't know long term but it snowed all night last night and still is, heavily. Avalanche risk = 4. There was a half decent base down already so this should secure next week's conditions under almost any circustances. However tomorrow is expected to be a "perfect day".
snow report
admin wrote:
However tomorrow is expected to be a "perfect day".

Excellent to see a decent snowfall. I was talking to a pisteur some time ago who dreaded "perfect days" because on too many occasions he had to dig bodies out from avalanche debris Sad Always a good idea to pause and think before making the most of blue skies and untracked snow.
snow report
B00thy,

here is the St Anton forecast

http://www.arlberg.com/index.php?id=34
snow conditions
Thanks snowman

Blimey it looks warm. That'll ruin conditions!

Proably need someone German speaking like Stanton to translate it but looks like a wee bit of snow at the weekend. Pray for big dump afterwards!!!
ski holidays
it's snowed heavily all day today and still is now. It is a little too warm and the snow coming down now is very wet but it is still snow so far.
The pistes got a motherload of new snow today but onlythe lower lifts opened.
latest report
Thanks admin,
ski holidays
sorry,day too good yesterday to get around to posting.
Currently in the bubble in Rendl area. It's been snowing lightly all day. Anyone coming out tomorrow has it just right Happy
latest report
admin wrote:
However tomorrow is expected to be a "perfect day".

.... and yes it was, only a few people at Sonnenkopf and all that untracked powder snowHead one of the most memorable ski days for me.

Brought my touring skis but had to go fat after the Tue/Wed dump, almost tried some Karma's but the Head Monster IM88 took my fancy.

Probably get a couple of hours in tomorrow before the train ride home.
(dependable upon how much damage I do to myself at Apres-ski tonight).

Great to meet and put in a few turns with Admin and friends.

Anyway must go haven't got time to argue with anyone on snowheads just now but normal service will be resumed when I get back wink NehNeh
snow report
it snowed all night again and now the sun is threatening to come out. A great day to arrive - not so great to leave Sad
latest report
I'm just bumping this to the top as I'm off there in a week and a half. Any information on current conditions would be much appreciated, thanks.
latest report
Arrived back today. Pistes hard packed and icy in places. Some powder to be had, but you have to look hard for it. The temp yesterday dropped and the wind was high, so there is wind blown and some slab forming. Today it was hot. Skied until lunchtime and then had to leave.
Survived an Avalanche on Rendel on Monday. Will post full details later this weekend. Quite a week!!
snow conditions
Just got back myself. Monday the Schindler and Valluga hangs were perfect first thing and Albona North Face fun in afternoon. Valluga North Face good on Tuesday morning but Zurs to Stuben mixed including some breakable crust. Milch Boden good in places after lunch

Started having to hike more on Wednesday and Thursday and needed skins Friday.

Turle couloir moguls an excellent choice if you don't fancy schlepping up.
snow conditions
Spent last week there. First 3 days some of the best powder snowboarding I've ever done. Went out with a guide Monday. Great fun. However it's getting harder and harder to find any fresh tracks. It's raining here in Nice yesterday and today so anyone going to the southern alps in the next week is in for a treat !
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowguess is now predicting snow from Saturday night to Monday evening, which should set us up nicely for the week. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
snow report
Kramer, actually i have a friend that is abit of weather buff and he said tonight that it looks like it's going to snow untill thursday.
latest report
Damn! I'm going out Thursday night so it will be dreadfully powdery conditions on Friday morning! Laughing snowHead Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy