Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does anyone have any experience working for Ski Famille?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The header says it all, really - my daughter has just been offered a winter season job with Ski Famille, does anyone have any experience of working for them? The only thing we might have to compare it with is my son's experience of working for Inghams 2 winters ago.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My son did two seasons with them a couple of years ago. They were good to him - one of the better companies to work for in my opinion. During the second season my daughter worked for Ski Esprit (part of Inghams) in the same resort - awful. Chalk and cheese.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. My son's experience of Inghams wasn't great either. Reading the stuff my daughter has been sent, the basic pay, terms and conditions seem pretty similar to those my son had, but you don't know how they are going to treat you until you are out there and it's too late. What sort of differences did your kids experience?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Someone here certainly has experience working for Ski Famille.

Their MD has been a supporter of snowHeads since pretty early days.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have not worked for them, but used them 3 times, all the staff seemed happy, were good at there job and always willing to help. So I guess they are ok to work for. Chris the MD is a nice fellow and can't imagine after working up from the ranks he would be anything but fair. All the chalet team seemed to get out on the slopes almost everyday.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@karin, With Esprit the list is endless- poor management which led to low staff morale which led to people leaving and not being replaced promptly which led to more being put on those left etc etc. Her accomodation was a good 45 minute walk uphill at the end of the day. Ski Famille were just nicer people to work for and they understood that you were there to ski - in the meantime Ski Famille have been bought out so may not be the same.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't know what they're like to work for but some friends of ours have been with them for the last 6 years and have always given great reviews but last year apparently standards had dropped substantially and they have decided to go with someone else.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They sold the business so I am not sure they are as good as once were
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the comments folks, I've been holed up in the MK fridge all week on a course, so I wasn't being rude and ignoring the comments, honest!
@RUGBY PETER, your comments about Esprit sound very similar to my son's experience with Inghams.
I guess one of the concerns with Ski Famille is whether the staff have to work much harder because there will always be children in the chalets, but I am guessing from how high the brochure prices are, that they may have a slightly higher staff:guest ratio to cope with that.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy