Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italy 2016, Alta Badia/Colfosco area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at doing this area next year, particularly want to do the "Hidden Valley" red down to Armenterola, anybody going this way, or wanting to team up.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Birthday Bash will be just round the corner (ie. 2 lifts fron Alta Badia) in Arabba in the first week of Feb, if that's any help?
Many on that are familiar with the hidden valley as well as many other 'classic day trips' snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any spaces left?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tankerdriver, don't worry, the buttons for booking haven't gone up yet, or indeed a dedicated thread, which will be in Events.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to snowHeads Tankerdriver! It's a great area but were you aware the Hidden Valley involves some long poleing stretches which may be a bit tedious on a snowboard? The longest bit is after you've been pulled along by the horses, where you're heading for the drag to get you back into the Sella Ronda. On the plus side the hut you get to at the end sells excellent Calimeros! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Do snowboarders take the horse tow? I've not seen any. Taxis take you further - less walking.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi wrote:
Do snowboarders take the horse tow? I've not seen any. Taxis take you further - less walking.

Yes, I've been on the horse tow when there's been some snowboarders on it. At the end of the horse tow I think it'd be quicker for them to get off their snowboard and walk to the draglift as the link is so flat.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've usually seen the snowBoarderrs riding in the carriage.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Alastair Pink, yes, it is flat and they'd be walking. So were quite a few skiers! But if you get a taxi it's less walking whether you're carrying a board or skis. (At least boarders' boots are more comfortable!)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Might have to take my SUP Kahuna snow stick with me Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I did it twice on the bash last year and felt the aches from the cross country bits at the end. The Great War Ring is a fabulous tour though. The route over Civet ta and Cinque Torre more spectacular than the hidden valley.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin wrote:
The Birthday Bash will be just round the corner (ie. 2 lifts fron Alta Badia) in Arabba in the first week of Feb, if that's any help?
Many on that are familiar with the hidden valley as well as many other 'classic day trips' snowHead

Do you have any ideas on cost etc and if there are any spaces left? Am keen to go.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Tankerdriver, all the spaces are free on next year's Birthday Bash as the booking buttons aren't up yet! Keep an eye out on snowEvents for a brand new thread titled S12BB: Birthday Bash Arabba or similar. For an idea on costs, take a look at last year's thread.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy