Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year's Eve UCPA ski bash - want to join me?

Poster: A snowHead
@horgand, @slinc, good to have you along. There are two blokes in our group driving down, possibly 3, info on meetup page if you want to tell AO to try and sort rooms out - we're on half time instruction and will ski and drink with pretty much anyone.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like I'm joining you all as well - hopefully driving down with Digger
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lilly,

this looks like a great trip and I'd love to go on it. Though speaking of dinosaurs I may be a bit of a one, I'm 40+, male, an ~expert skier and I have stayed in a UCPA last year in Chamonix and really enjoyed the whole experience tbh.

but I wouldn't like to be the token pensioner of the group. So ye may prefer to people the trip with 20 somethings and if so no issue whatsover just let me know.

Other than that number on my birth cert I'm well up for the craic & tbh ye'll be hard pressed to keep pace with me!!

thanks
horgand
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Dave
I just booked the val D'isere new year's ucpa trip too. And on the epic coach ride!
Gonna set up a forum to hopefully find a few of us getting the coach
Speak soon
Ian
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers @Digger the dinosaur, it looked like you had 4 guys in your group so I haven't tried to get AO to move me into the group so as not to barge in on your room allocation. Although if any more guys join I'll try and see if AO can move me.

Hope to see you on the bus @toskilatedec2014. Not sure how many buses they run and which resorts would be combined on the same bus so we'll have to wait and see if we're on the same one or not!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Becca, not at UCPA, but we've a group of 10 (mixed ability) in La plange during the first week of Jan if you want people to ski/board/hangout with.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So, is this trip to Val d'isere or Val Thorens?

Reading here I'm not sure which ucpa to book!? Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@horgand, there is definitely a group of us in Val Thorens for New Year week, there might be others in VDI (I think the week before) but we are definitely in VT.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Digger, sounds good!

p.s. some good reviews of UCPA Val Thorens here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2087827
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd be really interested, my usual friends that Ski are "saving this year" being boring etc.

Happy going wherever as long as there is snow

Usually ski twice a year, I can get myself down blacks, maybe not always too gracefully but I love a challenge .... also would love to explore more off piste - nothing too crazy !!

Fit enough to ski all day, but happy to sit for a drink or two and parting in the evening.

I'm 24, Management accountant by day, gym-goer by night.

If anyone is still waiting to book something would be keen to speak

Megs Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello All,

I've also just booked Chamonix through - 26th December to the 2nd Jan

https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/holiday/cart?GroupRef=51b2cb2c

Female skier, can get myself down everything, maybe not always in a pretty way but love a challenge and have always skied with people better than me - so not afraid of a black, also enjoy off piste - not too crazy but a little bit

£685 including 23 hours worth of group classes/skiing, food, accommodation, hotel transfers, ski passes and hire Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello All,

I've also just booked Chamonix through - 26th December to the 2nd Jan

https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/holiday/cart?GroupRef=51b2cb2c

Female skier, can get myself down everything, maybe not always in a pretty way but love a challenge and have always skied with people better than me - so not afraid of a black, also enjoy off piste - not too crazy but a little bit

£685 including 23 hours worth of group classes/skiing, food, accommodation, hotel transfers, ski passes and hire Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think there are some guys going this week from billy snow mates check their FB page
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey, if anyone hears of any spaces on the Val T NYE trip please let me know as i am very keen to go but it is all booked up!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ditto, I would take a spot over from anyone who wishes to cancel or whatever, as I was slow booking but am very keen Toofy Grin

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 16-12-15 1:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
I'll be in Val Thorens New Year's week. I arrive in resort 27th. Just myself and 15 year old son. Know someone else in resort who may ski with us a couple of days. Will be looking for some adult company if anyone fancies it!
latest report
@MCOOK991, I'm also there that week, booked the off piste class so might see you at the bar Very Happy
snow report
Hey all,

My better half and I are on the New Years week at Val T. Will look out for you guys and gals there Very Happy

If anyone is flying out of Heathrow at 8am on Boxing Day then give me a shout.

Barry
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy