Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Complimentary (free) coaching at Hemel - Been before?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Just wondered what the complimentary (free) coaching is like at Hemel. I think they do it at certain times during the week.

Has anyone been, if so...

Is it best avoided, as the slope gets too full of people after a free lesson? Or, is it a good perk and worth going to on occasion.

Thanks
R
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rossyl, I presume you are referring to the sessions on Tuesday mornings and Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. These are not lessons as such. You purchase a lift pass for the time you want and there is a snowboard coach and a ski coach on the slope who can look at your skiing/boarding and give you tips on how to improve your technique. My brother, who is fairly new to skiing, has availed himself of their advice and found it helpful.

How busy the slope is will depend on how many lessons are going on and how many people are free skiing. At this time of year it should be comparatively quiet, so worth taking up the opportunity of some free coaching. It gets much busier nearer to the ski season as people prepare for their ski holidays.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used it a lot last summer, Scooby Simon was doing it, essentially the instructor stands at the top of the slope and you tell them what you want to work on, they will then give you a task to do, which you do on your own, the instructor should give you feed back.

It's not a formal structured lesson.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks very much.

I realise they aren't lessons but tips. Sounds like its worked out well for your brother.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Little Martin wrote:
I used it a lot last summer, Scooby Simon was doing it, essentially the instructor stands at the top of the slope and you tell them what you want to work on, they will then give you a task to do, which you do on your own, the instructor should give you feed back.

It's not a formal structured lesson.

I'm having a rest from the early Mornings for the summer holidays. They are still going ahead.

I'll be back getting up early once the schools go back Happy

Snow is awrsome that time of the morning Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@scooby_simon, slacker Wink

A side note, do you know if they do shadowing at Gosling, it's a bit closer than going to Hemel for my L1 hours
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy