Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for independent private ski instructor for beginner kids for Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How do i find a competent independent (not connected to one of the ski schools) private ski instructor for 2 kids ages 5 and 13?

Dates : Dec 27 - Jan 1 2016

Any suggestions?

Looking to book now.

CaliforniaGirl
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any reason why you want a completely independent instructor?
Here's a link on the Zermatt website for the independent ones listed. I can't recommend any though as we have not used them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Perty, You seem to have forgotten to include the link! wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Doh! HERE is the link. I am still curious as to why you want an independent instructor. I am sure one of the ski schools could find you a good instructor for the dates you want.
http://www.zermatt.ch/en/Media/Services-shops-commerce?SearchText=&filter[]=attr_tags_lk:%22ski%20and%20snowboard%20instructor%22&activeFacets[attr_tags_lk:category]=ski%20and%20snowboard%20instructor
and for ski schools see
http://www.zermatt.ch/en/ski-schools/Ski-schools
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In addition to the link above listing a number of independent instructors, very often hotels know independent instructors they can set you up with. Do you know where you are staying yet? They might be able to organise it for you if you would find that easier.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thank your for the link to independent instructors. I'm looking for a more affordable alternative to the traditional zermatt ski schools for 1:1 private lessons for a youngster.

Does this exist?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My guess is that independent instructors are MORE expensive rather then less than the ski schools. If they are good enough the develop a clientele outside a ski school then they can probably command a premium. From your online name, I am guessing that you are in the USA and maybe not skied I but Alps before? (Sorry if I'm wrong about this!). For kids, and English speaking ones, I can't help thinking that a native English speaking instructor from one of the ski schools such as Summit, might be the more sensible option.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I agree that independent will not mean cheaper. We have used many of the schools over the years, and also independent. Independent will be more flexible, but likely more expensive. Schools are less flexible, but would be probably cheaper. Of the schools, we found Summit to operate the most flexible system, is mornings only, you don't need to do all week etc. They have mostly native English or very fluent instructors. All the schools have pretty good quality instructors though. You would be best to compare prices between schools, versus an independent to work out what's best for your family. There are links to all the schools as given above.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy