Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My Helmet moves backward :S

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I just bought a used helmet and it fits my head (for the size), but it moves back when I push it :S

It's a ski helmet that I use for roller blade also. The size is the good one for I tryed larger and smaller and it did not fit. The helmet is stable on my head; it does not move front nor sideways when I push it... but it does moves back when I push on the front of the helmet or when I moves my head very fast (to simulate the movement of an impact). I tried to adjust the ear straps, the "under-jaw" strap... nothing works; it still moves back.

That's a problem, isn't ? My head isn't really safe with it, right ?

Any advice on the adjustment of the straps or on anything I could to to help ?

Thanks !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to the forum! A used helmet is not really a good idea, as you don't know if it has any impact damage. If it does not fit you, go and buy one that does! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@meg_a, I haven't tested my own to see how much it moves, but I suspect a little fore/aft movement is normal. The shape of ones head allows this while it will not allow rotational movement so easily. However, as @snowbunny, says it's not a great idea to buy a used helmet. We're probably a touch neurotic about the issue of not knowing what impacts it has already sufferers so my personal view is, if it looks in good condition and you bought it from someone you know and trust then it's probably OK, but I'd put a new helmet at the top of your Christmas list. You can buy perfectly decent ski helmets from around £30 so they aren't ruinously expensive.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was told when I bought mine to test it by sticking it on my head, then putting two hands on it and moving it forward and back. Your eyebrows should move up and down with it, if it's a good fit. You should also be able to bend over, so your head is upside down, without it falling off (both these tests are done without the chin strap done up).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy