Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chambery or Geneva airport to Val D'

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was literally about to book up online for a weeks package holiday skiing at Val D'Isere for me and the better half but have been thrown a curve ball midway through the booking process.

We're being offered a choice of Easyjet BHX to Geneva (around 11am departure) Thomson Airways to Geneva (early flight around 6am) or Thomson Airways to Chambery and I'm trying to work out the lesser of the three evils.

The obvious bonus with Chambery is the hour shorter (at 2 and 3/4 hours) transfer but having flown from Chambery a few years ago I was less than impressed. It was little more than a cattle shed an I understand delays or redirection to Lyon are common?

Would you all agree an hour extra on the coach is a good insurance policy against a nightmare at Chambery?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IMV, Geneva every time. Crystal (using Thomson Airways) plan to get around 4 of their flight to land in close succession at Chambery (presumably to optimise transfer bus utilisation) and Chambery simply can't handle that volume of traffic at passport control and the baggage pickup. The return journey is also mayhem.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd go for easyJet to Geneva - a 6 am flight, check in hours earlier, is a hideous beginning to a holiday.

Gva is a lot more reliable than Chambery both from the technical point of view (it doesn't take a lot of bad weather to close Chambery) and because it doesn't suffer from French strikes.

It doesn't take much snow to close Gva or cause huge disruption, but that's because it rarely gets much.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies both, have just booked the GVA option with easyjet. A nearly 4 hour transfer doesn't appeal but we'll be glad of the lie in and Im sure we can manage an extra hour on the coach. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy