Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can I rent skiis in the UK?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all

Are there any places in the UK where I can hire skiis in the UK for my ski holiday?

Just thinking it would be handy as I will be popping into a different resort on the trip down to Tignes.

Any suggestions?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where in the uk are you?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I live near Banbury.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Previously, I've hired skis from:
http://www.braemarmountainsports.com/

And also from an outdoor shop in Altrincham, long since gone and whose name escapes me.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Probably easier to rent skis in both resorts - it won't cost any more and you won't have to carry them around. Have you got your own boots?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Philip1972, lockwoods in leamington used to have a demo fleet which you could "rent" and you bought skis after returning you got the money taken off the purchase, not sure if they still do it (it was 10 years ago since i left)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Philip1972 wrote:
Evening all

Are there any places in the UK where I can hire skiis in the UK for my ski holiday?

Just thinking it would be handy as I will be popping into a different resort on the trip down to Tignes.

Any suggestions?

Which resort are you visiting on the way to Tignes? I work for a Ski Rental company who operate in that part of the world so might be able to provide some help - we deliver and collect the skis so could deliver them to one resort and collect them from another for example...

Also, if you rent in the UK, you'll have to pay for ski carriage on your flight, plus what happens if you damage/break the ski or whatever, you're gonna be a bit stuck!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can recommend www.snowlab.co.uk. I used them to hire skis for my trip to Japan. They delivered them to my door and then arranged for pickup when I returned. Half the price of hiring abroad.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wouldn't rent in the UK. I've not always got the right skis first time, and had to take them back for something else or for slightly shorter/longer versions. Writing-off half a day before getting them changed is bad enough. If you have an issue with UK skis, then you're then stuck with them for the whole holiday. You'd be annoyed if there was no option but to hire another set in the resort.

Most people eventually go for the option of buying their own boots if they plan to ski regularly, which I think is worthwhile. Although mine are getting a bit battered now, I actually don't want to change them because they're so comfortable.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy