Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there any Accommodation that includes transfers?

Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon all.

Following on from the easyjet flight thread.

I have Just priced up some flights to lyon at the beginning of march.

For both of us (including bags and skis) comes to £200.

Does anyone know of a chalet ( or hotel) that does a transfer package in the area.

(I don't want to try and arrange my own/drive)

Cheers all
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not? its easier than booking a flight, just go on bensbus or similar and tell them what flight you arrive on and leave on then they'll be there waiting for you.

The only advantage of having someone else booking it for you is if the flight is diverted then it should be taken care off but baring in mind all the flights in that area get diverted to Lyon I dont think youve got anything to worry about
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kiteman69, what area? Do you have any resorts in mind? We can suggest some catered accommodation/transfer options in 3vs, Paradiski for example - drop me a PM if I can help Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some of the chalet companies will arrange transfers for you, Ski Ami for example and Fire and Ice. I believe Small Wonders may do so too but I`m not sure they all offer all airports. You would need to contact them and see!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When I looked at this last year I think we found Bensbus don't do Lyon: Altibus is the coach option.

Where do you want to ski?

Are you happy to pay the going rate for private / shared transfers so are just looking for someone to organise for you to save the hassle (it's only a web form, but most small chalet companies will offer this) or are you hoping to find someone who has their own minibus who doesn't mind coming to Lyon in the hope it will be cheaper than paying for a private transfer? You may run into the problem that many of the resorts you are after will be served by multiple airports and Lyon is cheap rather than close so transfer offers may be restricted to a closer one.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ben's Bus are doing next season as will Altibus - all done on line with little or no faff - there may be a wait depending on bus times though.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@kiteman69, some chalet companies include transfers in their base price, e.g. The Tignes Chalet Company, SkiBug, Moutainsun. Plenty of others I'm sure. Where do you want to go?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone.......@medlington, et al.......... I don't like the idea of bensbus etc.

One of the reason was a diverted flight, but as you say, flights get diverted TO lyon not away from it, but mainly because you end up being dumped at the airport hours before hand (I assume that is who all those people in the lounges are)

@Montana, PM sent and I'm mulling over your response.

Thanks @CaravanSkier, I will look into those.

@mtsuit, yes. A chalet company who would pick me up.

Thanks @Gämsbock, I'll look into those as well

As for where, anything within 2 hours of the airport that is nice, gentle and cruisey snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kiteman69, no problem, come back to me any time Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I don't like the idea of bensbus

Then you'll like altibus less - different kind of service. Steve Angus's place in Val d'Isere does transfers - he often writes about the transfer driving on his blog.

But all resorts have taxis - door to door. Most will have websites with specific costs of returns to the various airports. But surely you choose a resort before you choose transfers? Would narrow down the field a tad.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kiteman69 wrote:
TI don't like the idea of bensbus etc.

Why's that? I've used Altibus for years, Ben's Bus once this season, both worked fine, buses not generally packed out, other passengers usually quiet and mostly wanting to catch up on their sleep. I don't see why chalet-provided transfers would be any better.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I don't see why chalet-provided transfers would be any better.

they'd be door to door. I well remember trudging through Meribel in the rain with several kids and a fair amount of luggage from the Altibus stop to accommodation whose whereabouts we didn't know - or rather to the Agency which would give us the key.

But nothing could be easier than a taxi - and most accommodation providers would happily whistle up a local driver to come and get you.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Resort bus from the coach statio takes me to a bus stop 50m from my apartment. Were that not the case then, as you say, taxi. Not a problem.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dogwatch wrote:
I don't see why chalet-provided transfers would be any better.

Door to door, private or shared transfer with others in your accommodation. Hopefully a cheap addon to the chalet price because the vehicle is used day to day and not just as a weekend taxi and the driver is employed the rest of the week, e.g. in the chalet.

I'd be surprised of too many chalets give you a free choice or arrival and departure time and airport -- I'd expect them to have a preferred window for each and a set airport so they can do departures and arrivals back to back. The OP will, I assume, now be looking for ones willing to do Lyon for the flight times already booked.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Depends I suppose. I've endured the 3 bus journey from Lyon to Les Deux Alpes and return a couple of times this summer. But alone, at 47 euros compared to £150 for a car (which wouldn't be used once there, it was my choice). However I've a lot of time for Bensbus, their Grenoble to L2A service is very reliable, quick and good value.

When I've used chalet transfers you usually have to wait around for those on different flights before the minibus leaves.
snow conditions
These people will do both shared and private transfers, and drop you at your acommodation in a number of the more southern resorts (Montgenvre, Claviere, Serre Chevalier, Alpe D'Huez. http://www.alpine-transfer-company.com/
snow report
Thanks all.

Spent the weekend looking at some stuff.

But. TBH. For the both of us it doesn't seem to work out enough of a saving to be worth the hassle.

Think I'll just keep my eye out for any T.O. Bargains
snow report
I've done DIY a couple of times now and find it a bit of a PIA, booking flight, then making sure the transfer coordinates with the flight etc etc, certainly when doing last minute bookings, I have had a much better deal from a TO which has flights and transfers included.
I am just about to replace my aged and knackered orange transit van, the original tangowaggon!, the new van does 40+ mpg and has two extra seats so sod getting to the airport, the parking, waiting around for security to grope my goolies, waiting at the other end for my 20 kg of baggage, looking for the transfer etc etc. It's a road trip for me and some volunteers next season! (probably see you at the airport!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy