Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Update on Obergurgl please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been to Obergurgl many times and also worked a complete season there, however, the last visit was 17 years ago. One of my favourite places there was the bar in the Hotel Josl called the Josl Keller which was open immediately after skiing and went on until late into the night - it was a great place. I know that the Josl Hotel has been completely rebuilt and whilst it seems quite nice it is far too modern for my liking and nothing like the traditional type of hotel Austrian resorts are renowned for. Anyway, my question is about the bar or should I say the Keller, does it still have excellent apres ski, is it still the place to go to? If not, can someone advise on the current apres ski bars etc in Obergurgl please?

Please note, I never subscribed to the idea that Obergurgl was not that great for apres ski as in my opinion is was the best I had ever encountered and I was someone who loved apres ski. But of course places change and so that is why I need an update.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Relax @waitrose, it's still the same. The Keller was untouched by the refurb.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you Steve. When were you last there?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last December.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
......and there's always the NEDER HUT up the hill.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have had a reply to an email from the Josl Hotel and they tell me that the Josl Keller opens at 9pm which is a very significant change to how it used to be as it opened about 4pm. This means it cannot be described as an apres ski place anymore which in my view is a great shame.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Nederhutte is simply the best with live music most evenings from 4 p m and free schnapps trays are passed round - if you overindulge they will take you down on a snowmobile for free!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes I am fully aware of the Nederhutte, but in my opinion it is not as good as the Josl Keller once was and that is why I asked the question.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SteveSparks you say you were there last December, do you know if the Josl Keller was open at say 5pm?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry, @waitrose, I was still in the Nederhutte then! I've just seen the other thread you have kicked off. Why not look at doing immediate après at Nederhutte or Davide's Hutte which you could combine with supper (don't forget the Picnic in town either) and then head for some Josliing?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Steve Sparks, a good suggestion but I am really not a fan of drinking and skiing - yes I know you can get the rattrack down but knowing my group that ain't gonna happen! My idea was to stay in the Hotel Josl and use their keller bar as we did many years' ago. Oh well, will have to find another venue. Thanks for you suggestion.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy