Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer vs Head Race

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been skiing on RC4's all my life and this year have decided to give Head a try.
Any major differences that should be expected.
Im a Teenage FIS racer and I'm going onto FIS legal 190cm IGS RD
Also the differences between the Fischer Worldcup RC and Head I.Speed

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jthompson, I am no expert but I don't believe the differences between FIS level skis are so very marked. Certainly when I bought my first pair my shop friend said it really didn't matter which brand I bought.

That may be a veiled comment on my skiing however Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cant comment on GS, but i've always love my Head SL's. Had Rossi SL's in the past but found them a bit blunt. I like the spring of the Heads and they really do reward good technique. Ive played on fischers in the past, and found them very similar to rossi.

If your planning on skiing on plastic at any point avoid rossi skis, the bases burn much quicker than Head skis Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are these for recreational skiing? I spent several days testing various skis including the RC4, Volkl Racetigers etc.

And the most fun ski I had, and the one I will be buying for next season, were the very undersold/underused Salomon X-Race. All theprecision of the others, but with a real feeling of pop and fun.

These aren't proper race skis, but on piste, they were my favourites by a long way.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I found my Head GS RD skis to be particularly effective on very hard icy pistes, the edges seem to keep sharp that much longer than other makers products that I've tried
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
factory wc rebels! everyone goes wobbly at the knees!!!! amazing range of ski's.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@anything_technical, yet WC races are won on pretty much every ski Wink I could pretty much dare to bet anything that I doubt there's 5 guy here on SH, who could spot difference between Fischer, Head, Rossi, Atomic, Nordica... WC stock ski, when skiing them.... unless we talk difference in topsheet painting. Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FIS regs prevent any of the skis being too different, and I haven't tried any of the FIS reg skis, but I did do ski testing between the Head iSpeec WC rebels racecarver, and the Fischer RC4 RC. These are what lots of people call GS skis, but those of us who know what we're talking about know they're not! Both have very similar dimensions, the Head is 66 underfoot, and at 180 has an 18m radius. The Fischer is wider, can't remember how much though, and with a 19m radius at 180.

Although both skis are essentially the same, I found the Fischer to be stiffer and slightly more aggressive than the HEAD, with the Head KERS system it is soft in the tip and stiff in the tail, so you know when you get it wrong. I ended up choosing the Head as I wanted something a little more light hearted, and didn't want to charge and work hard every time I skied.

Hope this helps anyone!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jthompson wrote:
this year have decided to give Head a try.

Cheers

Am i the only one who had a childish giggle?! Happy

Head SL rock, btw
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy