Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new skis for 10 year old aggressive skiier?

Poster: A snowHead
who has managed over Christmas to bend one of his present skis irremediably ... he spends his time free skiing (in the trees/edges of the piste wherever he can) and racing - any suggestions as to a suitable ski which I might be able to hunt down at a reasonable price or on ebay?

... and if anyone knows where you can you get brains for 10 year old boys please share the secret ... rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
is the question really unanswerable? (the skis, not the brain). It seems to me that most of the children's skis out there are either directed at learners or are pared- down versions of adult 'freestyle' skis. Maybe these would be ok (but I suspect not for the racing)? In what way would skis made specifically for women be different from those for children (assuming the truth could be concealed from testosterone-loaded boy)?
help please!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
poma, I think there are several freestyle junior skis on the market - almost sure about Rossi Scratch. Sorry I can't be more definite, but I've seen shortish ones around. Whether you can get them cheaply and second hand is another matter............. brains for a 10 yar old boy - now that is asking a quesiton wink wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My daughters who both ski fairly aggressively and race ski on Salomon 10t3v and Fischer RC4 SL skis both of these would work well although would not be ideal for off-piste or the fun park. Europa ski online have the 10t3v in 130cm in their sale complete with bindings for £129.00!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for that tip, I'll check out the salomons - free skiing is what he does when he can't race rather than the other way round!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
oh, and of course we have a perfectly good pair of bindings (grr ...)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
poma, bindings can be swapped over so long as the ski is not pre-drilled.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
poma, from the point of view of racing, if he has aspirations in that direction, the French clubs take their kids free skiing on their GS skis - no fancy pointless freestyle skis for kids who hope to be getting results in gates one day. If you can muck around off piste, in the trees, on GS skis then the theory is that you can handle virtually anything that comes your way in gates, ruts, ice, the lot.

No easy to turn slalom skis either of course.

Just stick to GS skis. GS provides the basics for all disciplines and getting to the point where you can handle them like a true pro is further off that most pre-teens and teens believe.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks guys, think I may have caused confusion by my reference to free skiing, which in our house is what you do when you're not racing - no interest in freestyle at all! my intention was to find out what there might be out there in terms of make, model etc for GS - because I am TOTALLY challenged on the kit/tecchie front. cheers.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
poma, what height, weight? Has he done the flèche recently, if so, what level?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm guessing here, but about 4'9'', 5 1/2 - 6 stone? silver fleche last easter (and again at christmas, much to his disappointment - but no second run so not his fastest). cheers!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
poma, These are a slalom ski but would be a good buy if looking for a reasonable priced option Atomic SL9
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
poma, Or how about These
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A good little ski (atomic) but if interested don't pay to much for them the graphics put them at a 2002/3 model
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thanks! keep it coming - this is the sort of thing I need to know ... are these ancient history/unsuitable as well? (he's been skiing on rossignols for at least the last 2 years, and as far as I know they've always been black and gold)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8747821424&fromMakeTrack=true#ShippingPayment
(suspect that won't work)
ski holidays
I was about your sons age when twin tips first came out. When I saw some older kids with them I thought they were the coolest things ever and wanted a pair right away. But on the other hand, I knew they were only for the park, and to me there was a lot more to skiing. But now, there are twin tips that handle well all over the mountain.

I don't know much about junior skis, but I know I always wanted a pair of twin tips.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy