Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anyone send their skis to resort by courier

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone do this. see,ms a good option to me when ryanair want £400 for 4 sets return.
Peter
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ryanair charge £40 per item per one-way flight with a maximum weight of 20kg. 4 sets could fit in 2 double bags so £160 round trip.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gaza, it's a good point about putting 2 pairs in one bag. However, the price must depend on the route, as the charge was £50 each way for me this year (if purchased in advance, Luton to Grenoble).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gämsbock wrote:
@Gaza, it's a good point about putting 2 pairs in one bag. However, the price must depend on the route, as the charge was £50 each way for me this year (if purchased in advance, Luton to Grenoble).

All details here - https://www.ryanair.com/en/fees/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Gaza, how interesting, it looks like they've put them down! It was definitely £50 this season. Maybe the take-up was too low at £50?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As we are a family of three would the Dakine Fall line bag get three sets of skis and sticks in?mcould save us a lot!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hammerite wrote:
As we are a family of three would the Dakine Fall line bag get three sets of skis and sticks in?mcould save us a lot!

Yep plus a board. Problem is overall weight. Easy to get over 20 or 23 kg. I got mine well over 32kg without stuffing it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I spoke to Ryan air direct. They say it will be £50 per set (1skus 1 poles 1 boots)
Per person per way to for dam if 4 that's £400
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And there s weight restrictions
For us with our route that made them more costlier than flying Lufthansa as theirs uua free if you pre arrange and you get food and drink free on board which saves yet more .
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I tend to use ~Ski carriage for this. saves the Ryanair Rip off.

www.skicarriage.co.uk
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Steep if there is just one of you. Would rather rent.

Especially with the weak euro
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Dave of the Marmottes, thanks.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter Groom wrote:
I spoke to Ryan air direct. They say it will be £50 per set (1skus 1 poles 1 boots)
Per person per way to for dam if 4 that's £400

I don't know where you are getting the £50 from. The link I posted above clearly states £40 each way with a maximum of 20kg. There is no mention in the FAQs or T&Cs that you are restricted to 1 set of skis boots and poles.

Even doing a dummy booking shows £40 each way.

[/img]

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 27-06-15 17:56; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hammerite wrote:

I doubt it. All my skis are c. 7.5kg a pair so I would not be able to get 3 pairs in a bag. Yours may weigh less but you have to add the weight of the poles and the bag itself so again it is very unlikely.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi gaza
I'd read differing amounts for Ryan air online so rang them direct.
The operator told me £50 per person per flight.
They also said it was 50 euros and I pointed out the 59 euros and 50 £ are very different values to which they replied " that's just the way the price is".

Whichever way or cost the addition of ski fees in to of baggage costs makes them more expensive than flying Lufthansa and getting it free
Peter
ski holidays
Back to the subject: has anyone used a ski courier? I'd be interested to know after my 90 minute argument with Flybe (which I lost) and the following dozens of emails it took to get them to refund it. I've lost my nerve and booked each pair separately, which has cost £140. If someone would do the hard work I could take my park skis too.
snow report
PeterGroom wrote:
Hi gaza
I'd read differing amounts for Ryan air online so rang them direct.
The operator told me £50 per person per flight.
They also said it was 50 euros and I pointed out the 59 euros and 50 £ are very different values to which they replied " that's just the way the price is".

The call centre were probably quoting the offline price although even that doesn't look right. Perhaps it was a CSR who was still quoting the old price.

PeterGroom wrote:
Whichever way or cost the addition of ski fees in to of baggage costs makes them more expensive than flying Lufthansa and getting it free
Peter

That does not surprise me and can often be the case.
snow conditions
@Gaza, thanks. Not weighed our skis, mine are light, but Jnr's are pretty heavy.
ski holidays
We have used a courier company for the last 2 years as toddler, 2 snowboards and bags wasn't worth thinking about.

We used skicarriage.co.uk last year - they send a sports tube and you put your skis/ board in and it gets collected. All arrived safe and well. I think it was approx £190

This year we used pisteofmind - you pay per size and weight of bag. We packed a large snowboard bag with 2 boards, boots, helmets and jackets etc. Again, all arrived safe and well. We paid about £180.

It is expensive but for us it is worth it - we don't have a car so took the train to the airport and the train from Salzburg. We're planning on sending a packed board bag again next year.

If you drive to the airport and book a transfer, it probably isn't worth it.
ski holidays
there's Andy at Alpine Logistics, not used him but has a good reputation, has a regular service to the Alps
snow conditions
£400 just to get your skis carried would go a long way to meeting the cost of driving.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy