Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Drunken teenagers "trash" Norwegian ski resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A crisis meeting is being convened today at the well-known Norwegian ski resort of Hemsedal, following nights of drunken violence and vandalism.

Hemsedal has become a popular party area for teenagers, especially from suburbs of Oslo. "Wild partying" took place over the Christmas and New Year school holidays.

It's reported that police had to contend with five nights of street fights, threats against nightclub bouncers, trashing of rented holiday flats and drunk driving. One gang of boys armed with wooden clubs damaged a car, while another teenage boy had to be handcuffed after he went wild in a bar.

This report from Aftenposten.

Anyone been to Hemsedal in recent times?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm sure there are a fair few people on here who could follow this up with rants about the behaviour of young males..... Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
buns,

And one or two others who would rather posit blame with 'ranting' commentators than those individuals who actually caused the trouble.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Went there over New Year about 15 years ago and I remember being quite surprised at the macho-drunken atmosphere. Prob then was the extreme cold and the long lines of revellers waiting to get into ordinary bars (just weren't enough drinking holes). Tons of Swedish blokes seemed to be the problem then. They just can't handle their booze like us experienced bingers can they?

Skiing was highly average, it was semi-dark most of the time, freezing cold all the time and I won't be going back ever!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm surprised (given the general reputation) there isn't a mention of English yobbos yet!?

Perhaps skiiers don't attract the football crowd? perhaps?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eddyr wrote:
Perhaps skiiers don't attract the football crowd? perhaps?

Perhaps some football yobs are so used to sitting watching instead of out doing that they arent fit enough for skiing Very Happy

Adam

ps. i note yobs so mean no offence to football fans as a whole!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just back from Norway today, wasn't one of the drunken yobs. In fact did well on the units of drink front Sad . Not only the price of the pint, but tried my hand at cross country skiing. Tough work managed the uphill sections ok but coming down was a problem. I have more admiration for those skiers that manage it at 50kph+. I was taught how to get up after a fall, I practised this manoevre many times!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I'm surprised (given the general reputation) there isn't a mention of English yobbos yet!?

Over the years i've definitely seen more problems created by Dutch and Swedish. The English yob behaviour seems to be confined to Meribel, Val D'Isere etc and is more Hooray Henry and Henrietta getting a bit over excited - I prefer your average fighting-drunk Dutch factory worker anyday.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tsk tsk.. lumping in the 'football crowd' as hooligans when they have nothing to do with it.. when was the last time there was a big football violence problem at a game.. just cos the snowsports mob have a growing problem with smashing places up and beating the crap out of each other on the slopes you have to have a pop at footy fans.. honestly i despair.. Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nog friend of mine at Uni told a lovely story about a post-exams wild week when students went on the p!ss and got up to all sorts of stuff. 2 of them bought a park bench. When the police intercepted them wandering unsteadily homewards in the small hours carrying the thing, they produced a valid receipt and were sent on their way. The police radioed around ' if you see a couple of drunken students with a park bench ....... don't bother'

The next morning, there wasn't a park bench in any Oslo park !!!!!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have just sent the link to a friend who was thinking of going there!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy