Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on Claviere blue99 (run home)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon all.

Well the nights are starting drawing in Very Happy and I'm bored at work.

Just looking at some hotels on crystal and one took my fancy in Claviere.

Taking the following piste map.

https://cdn.j2ski.com/piste_maps/o/FR/Montgenevre_Piste_Map.jpg

Can people tell me. What the runs are like for a nervous wife.

She will now......... Slowly, ski a French blue (ADH).

I'm just wondering what the runs would be like here and up in montgenevre.

Could she do a circuit where she won't have to do much walking and/or using a ski bus.

The hotel is situated near the bottom of black 99......... I think

Thanks in advance.

K
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think Montgenevre would be a much better base for your wife. Best to look for accommodation there as it isn't easy for a nervous skier to do the Montgenevre to Claviere journey over Roche D'aigle. Claviere ski area is pretty but limited and mainly reds.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowymum wrote:
I think Montgenevre would be a much better base for your wife. Best to look for accommodation there as it isn't easy for a nervous skier to do the Montgenevre to Claviere journey over Roche D'aigle. Claviere ski area is pretty but limited and mainly reds.

+1

Monty definitely better for the more nervous, and also has much more scope for her to manage to get around much of the piste map on some nice easy blues.
The thing I loved about Monty on a family trip was the way that beginners were able to feel like they were skiing the whole of the mountain, rather than being stuck in the own nursery slopes while everyone else went off without them.

The Gondrons "north side" is excellent for the nervous skier, as is the Serre Thibauld "south side" (piste map below).

As Snowymum says, the link between Monty and Claviere is a definite red and can be icy.

http://piste-maps.co.uk/France/Montgenevre
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @snowymum, @jellemr, for your responses.

The reason I was drawn to Claviere was that it was based in Italy, and therefore cheaper than staying a bit further up the Valley.

However. It can be cheap as it likes............if my wife won't be able to ski there it is pointless.

Back to the drawing board
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy