Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blizzard Latigos and 1 very lucky boy!!!

Poster: A snowHead
My very lovely awesome amazing wife surprised me last weekend by letting me in on a secret. She had bought me a brand new spanking pair of 2015 Blizzard Latigo skis and new bindings ready for the 2016 season!!!!

P££ing my pants a bit, I fell in love with these in Whistler earlier this year and am a little excited to say the least.

So, any or you dudes and dudettes out there that have skied these, what did ya think?

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will be watching this with interest, they are on my hit list for next season 😀😀 how were they in Whistler ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awesome. And while it always individual taste, the top sheets are the business. Very Happy Can't wait to get on them in... just over 6 MONTHS!!! Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very lucky indeed! I had to do it the other way around and surprise my wife by letting her in on the secret that I'd bought myself some brand new Blizzard Bonafides for next season in the sale Smile
The top sheets of Blizzard's 2015 line-up are awesome, like you, I can't wait to get on them next year but got to wait until Feb Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Totally agree, the whole line up is sooo tasty. Respect to the Bonafides my man, bit on the wide side for where I am at at the moment, so was looking for a ski that would allow me a comfortable cross over with admittedly the majority of my skiing on piste and bumps.

We visited Whistler in March 2015 for the first time and while the snow conditions were generally considered poor, (after the first day skiing down past mid station was... a challenge), up top was mostly awesome. Harmony was immense every time in Whistler and we loved the full (and almost empty run) over in Blackcomb that was Ridge runner down into Glacier Road. For the control and carving the Blizzards are at a clear advantage there, it got a bit slushy down toward the excalibur gondola but we did our first off piste and had a run at the Blackcomb bowl. Amazing experience.

On that day we (wifey and me) were both on Salomon Myriads and enjoyed the extra width and found them an easy ski to get on with in all snow types, fast in the turn and stable (loads of people wearing the rentals so obviously popular) if a little slow in a straight line. She liked them so much she bought a pair back in England in the sale and was very happy...

That is till I showed her the Blizzard Sheevas. Not only another fantastic looking ski but also in a brilliant blue that would match her outfit (important). She has smiled slightly less since... I feel another big bill coming my way wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hee hee...I'm thinking of investing in a pair of Latigos..Ive not skied them, but loved the Brahmas when I tested them last winter. I don't need new skis really, but some sub 80mm underfoot could come in handy, what length did you go for and how tall are you?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Perty
I went for the 170's. they matched my all round ability at this time for most conditions and for my height, 5 10" seemed the right choice. Picked them up last Thursday. Still in love with them! Bonus was as that they were the last pair in the sale and s&r so got them at a bargain along with a new set of Salomon STH12 bindings. V V Happy. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Adamkski69, I had my eye on those! I was thinking of the 170s even though I'm only 5ft 5. They do have a bit of rocker in the tail I think?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Perty, mine arrived two days ago. I am 183cm and about 80kgs. I have the 177 and possibly should have gone for the 184s.

They have a significant amount of early tip rise. When decambered, the tip rise begins just below the bottom of the bull graphic. There is a lesser and very subtle amount of early rise in the tail. Looks like about 20cm.

The flipside of that is that they are heavily cambered. I think somethibg like 5mm per ski. From about 2/3 of the way down they are also very stiff.

At a guess they are going to be ok on piste. Not like a dedicated piste ski but probably not far off. I suspect with the amount of rocker they have they are not going to have the aggressive hook up you get with a slalkm ski. But I suspect they will be a bunch better in end of day piste conditions and firm off piste. We'll see.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oops...I just ordered a pair... Cool . Finger slipped on the buy now button, S&R appeared to still have a pair in 170 for £269. A bit of a punt, but I really enjoyed the 173 Brahmas when I tried them last winter. Realise I'm a relatively light female skier, but if I liked the Brahmas, I can't fail to like these. I like my skis long too. I am hoping to do a 4 week all terrain course next Jan, and I think my current preference for my 104mm underfoot Liberty Envy Powder skis (which I love, on and off piste) as my day to day ski may prove difficult to justify to the instructors and would probably make my life difficult.
I'll hunt about in due course for bindings. After a couple of bad experiences with Marker griffon and Squires, I'll be looking at other brands. Any suggestions or deals out there?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I really like pivots as here: http://www.snowandrock.com/pws/UniqueProductKey.ice?ProductID=ROS0341K1&gclid=Cj0KEQjwn86sBRDroPiR0LrSzNYBEiQAzOaSYMLyR8YKBrC_YlEAwLvwj7xhfJLzN71QP_ts9CblFlQaAgdX8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

also from Snow and Rock so you should get them to mount for free.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gorilla wrote:
@Perty, mine arrived two days ago. I am 183cm and about 80kgs. I have the 177 and possibly should have gone for the 184s......

Yep, you need the 183's & then they will ski like a dedicated piste ski but with a forgiving rockered tip Cool

I'm 175cm/78kg & ski the 180cm Brahma's which are superb.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I guess I need to throw a bit of perspective from my own point of view, this is my first set of skis to own (and i am p33ing my pants). My next ski trip will be my 8th week having been introduced to the snow 4 years back at the ripe old age of (many decades) and a bit. I skied some Volkl RTM 80's in Jan last year in meribel. They were 176/7 or there about's and in icy conditions were fast on piste with great edge and carving ability and certainly appreciated commitment, but for all conditions, they were better than me (though I had a good stab at them). I picked things up pretty quick and will have a decent thrash at most reds and ski blues balls out, blacks don't phase me but my fitness level is not quite were it needs to be for a real hammering on one, the blackcomb bowl taught me that fitness is king, (was still a blast).

The Latigos at 170 I hope will have me enjoying all aspects as I venture off piste but will be majority on piste and bumps with fun the name of the game. They do have a fairly early tip rise as mentioned and a small amount at the back end but they offered great transition on most surfaces tested and a decent turn of speed with massive edge control which I enjoyed. Hail to you guys who hammer the longer wider planks, my adventure is just beginning.... Toofy Grin

P.S Nice one Gorilla & Perty, bet they will be a blast!! Roll on January (for me at least!!) Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ooh...had a text today from S&R..ready to collect from the shop. May take a peek at the bindings they have on sale too. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nice!!! What bindings did you go for? Cool
latest report
@Adamkski69, Salomon STH 10 I think (I have to pick em up from S&R-I think I bought the STH10 and not the 12). Being a lightweight girly I can get away with nice light bindings. Cost me £77!
latest report
NICE!!! Love a bargain. Went with STH12's and again sub £80 quid me thinks! Brilliant! Smile Can't wait to get on them! Cool
snow report
You lucky sod!

I tested the Latigos at the ski test in October, I wanted a pair ever since. But I'd only just brought a pair of Line Sick Days. I may see if I can bag a pair of ex-demos.
ski holidays
@Perty, £77? They clearly put the price back up as I got the STH10's from S&R for £55! Sorry! Blush I softened the blow for my Mrs of buying myself a pair of Bonafides by getting her a pair of Blizzard Cheyenne's for her birthday - Skis + Bindings + mounting all for £294. Very happy - just need to find somewhere to hide them until October!
snow report
@jma, Shocked Laughing never mind. Still not a bad price.
snow conditions
Dragging an old thread back up, how did you lucky people get on with your new Latigos?

Any mini reviews/feedback for a prospective owner? Thanks!
snow report
In short brilliant!! Loved them to bits. Spent the week in Meribel last week (w/c 1st Jan) so was the first propper use in anger.

All skiing was on piste as off piste was 'sketchy' to say the least. Lots of fresh snow throughout the week but I did unfortunately suffer a bout of bronchitis so laid me out for 3 days, still taking the super sonic french meds now, they really don't muck about with doses!!!

As for he skis, they were brilliant, easy to carve, easy to control faster tight turns, light, edgy when you wanted them to bite wen the ice showed through in places but lots of control for the soft stuff and for bashing through piles of chopped snow. Just found them to be a great all round easy going ride and have much love for them! Cool
ski holidays
Thanks @Adamkski69, Here's hoping the meds are the 'under tongue' variety, not the other sort the French prefer.

Shocked
snow report
Yup...skis are officially great. I've even managed to get them going in light powder, they float well once you get the tips up. Carve really nicely on piste too. They are really light. Going to give them a session again this morning Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy