Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bourg-en-bresse overnight Accomodation? - or near by?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, any recommendations?

We are a family of 4 (2 under 10's) and will be stopping overnight on the way to morillon. We would like a cheap and cheerful family room, on the main roads (or not far off), no need for food as we will have stuff with us, idealy a secure carpark so we don't need to unload. It just needs to be a bed somewhere not too bad. Oh and it absolutely must have an ensuite.

Any recommendations around this area would be great!

I have had a bit of a look. Is the Premiere classe Bourg en bresse montagnat ok? They seem reasonable?

Thank you x
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Off junction 6 A40 a couple of miles towards B en B an Ibis budget hotel. We have stayed there many times and it is a few hundred metres from Leclerc/Carrefour supermarket for cheap fuel. There is also a restaurant ("Xtreme" Chicken or summat like that) 50m away for reasonable food too. Early start in the morning and you could be in Morillon in 1 1/2 hours or so. On saying that you might need to book two rooms as they generally sleep three. We have also stayed at Hotel Ibis which in further in to town which may have had family rooms but we used two rooms. Cost a bit more but with it's own restaurant and bar.

You would need to book as soon as possible as they fill up quick, better to book early then cancel if not required.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed at Formule 1 (I think there are 2 in Bourg en Bresse, we stayed at the one in Peronnas) and got totally lost! Don't think there were too many eateries nearby but arriving at 11pm, we weren't looking for anything else but a bed. On reflection, I probably wouldn't recommend it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think we stayed in a Campanile near a load of shops (Decathlon, supermarkets, DIY store etc...). In most French towns there seems to be a part of an industrial estate which has a few of the hotel chains. We made our obligatory trip to Buffalo Grill.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/bourg+en+bresse+campanile/@46.2230078,5.2045948,17z
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@breeze11, if it is any help, there is a premiere classe in annemasse om booking.com (no payment required until nearer the time and free cancellation), just outside Geneva would only be about another hour onwards, £35 per night for a family room for 4 persons. I have booked there for our trip out for feb 2016 half term.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We found that Novotel rooms generally sleep 4, so sometimes work out cheaper than the 'cheaper' chains where the rooms only sleep 3, cos you only need one room instead of 2.
The only time we were looking for somewhere to stay near Bourg en Bresse was the first time we ever drove to the Alps, and when we realised it was only another 2 hours to Morzine we just pushed on and got there that night.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy