Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

High Season/Low Season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Very Happy
I have been looking at loads of european resorts for holidays again this year and have found the continuing problem of having high seson and low season markers against prices but having varying information from different travel firms as to when the "seasons" start and finish.
Does anyone know the definitive dates for Les Arc and Andorra this winter.
Its all far to confusing........ Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Essentially 'high season' means 'high prices' and 'low season' means 'lower prices' and not a great deal more Wink

Obviously there is more demand for holidays at Christmas/New Year and Half term which is why the prices go up then but as to the exact weeks which are defined so, although there will be some vague consensus based on school holidays, it would appear to be up to each resort and each tour op to decide for themselves (they will tend to say [i]somewhere[/] on their websites).

Suffice to say that Feb is always expensive in France, although the first week less so. The beginning of Jan and the end of Mar tend to be the cheapest as long as Easter doesn't fall in March.
After Easter is cheap again but u need to go high to be sure of snow hence the eosb
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always check the French school holidays before booking in French alps. Zone A (Lyon, Grenoble etc) goes back to school on Monday 6th of March. Check out the link: http://www.frenchentree.com/fe-education/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=80
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cheers folks,
I am off to arc 1800 for a few days in Jan then to andorra on 29th Jan for a week - got a good deal for it and plenty cheep booze there too so whats lost in lift pass expence can be made back on duty free ! woooooo. I am heading with my first timer girlfriend and was just looking for decent hire gear and pass for beginners at a decent price. thanks for the advice.
If anyone is in andorra that week then gives a shout for beers.
swoooooooooosh. Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy